Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
exo152

Needing some wisdom

I am needing some wisdom for a current situation. My family is attending a wonderful church, great worship, excellent preaching, excellent classes for our children. We feel called to this church, have been here about 2 years and about a year ago I volunteered to help in an area of the church that was experiencing a need. At first the people I worked with and the Pastor treated me well and I felt like part of the team. The church at that time was really trying to overcome their negative reputation as a cliquey church. But the past several times I have showed up for my turn, it's as if I am invisible. They all cluster around and talk, the Pastor comes and joins them, and I just keep working and try not to look like I notice being left out. But it is becoming a strain. I didn't volunteer to be noticed or to be praised, just to help out in a pinch since I had the skills they were needing for that position. And I do want to feel connected to the church we feel called to and I do want to fit in. I am wondering if it is just time to step down, since they have more than enough people volunteering in that area now. I have been praying about it and they only thing I am getting is that it feels like wearing an uncomfortable dress--it isn't fitting. nerd

Hi, Exo -

If you volunteered to help while there was a need, and now they have more than enough volunteers to meet the need...I would step down. If you do step down, it's up to you whether you also inform someone about how you feel left out or not. There may be a different opportunity to bring that subject up.

Thanks Mark!
Your reply confirms what I feel in my spirit. I do not think the Pastor or the other people are "bad" people, just caught up in doing things the way they always have. They did gain the negative reputation for being cliquey for a reason, and they did try for a season to fix that. I will probably be stepping down, but I will not bring attention for my reasons.