Talking with my mouth full

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Talking with my mouth full

Post by writer4him on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:24 am

I was at what appeared to be some sort of church gathering in a big meeting hall, mingling in the midst of the throng.  The atmosphere was festive and there was a lot of food and games, etc.

Suddenly an old friend walked up and we started chatting about the event's success and how much fun it was.  That's when I learned that I was part of the event planning team.  After a few minutes, he said that I should make the big "Thank you for coming!" announcement.  No one had previously said anything to me about handling this task which was usually done by the event host/emcee but I didn't mind doing so.  I was thinking 'Oh no, not me!' and said so aloud, just kidding around like we always did in the past.  I had just popped the last of a piece of chicken strip into my mouth and begun chewing.  That little piece of meat seemed to expand as soon as I started chewing plus it was a bit dry.

He gave me an annoyed look, then turned around to get everyone's attention for the announcement. He turned to me and waited for me to start talking.  Now I was the one annoyed because he didn't give me time to finish eating and was doing something he had done in times past when I was kind of shy as a teenager/young adult and we were dating--try to 'break me out of my shell."

So I addressed the crowd, apologizing for having food in my mouth (all of the trash bins and napkins had suddenly disappeared so I was forced to speak from behind my hand!).  Apart from having bits of food falling out each time I tried to speak, I was comfortable handling the task.  The people were just smiling/laughing/clapping and everyone basically went back to talking before I was done.  When I was finished, I STILL had that piece of expandable fried chicken in my mouth!

**In real life:  Having someone talk to me with their mouth full of food is a pet peeve :(.  Also, my friend is ex-military (sergeant) and would sometimes put me on the spot to cure my "lack of motivation".  He did not understand my introverted personality which was so different from my brother (his friend) and my mom who were extroverts and that I hated being in the spotlight.  I had gone from being sort of his kid sister( he is 9 years older), to being his best friend, to dating him for several years.  We eventually went in different directions, married other people, etc.  He became a pastor.**

Last edited by writer4him on Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Talking with my mouth full

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:13 am

This dream seems symbolic for something that you will do that ends up awkward but you handle it well.

If you remember to, come back when it happens and let us know.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:22 am

I will definitely do that. Sounds like it will be an interesting occurrence. I'll have to chew on this one for a while... rofl

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:10 am

LOL, no 'bun' intended?

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:11 pm

mmm expanadable fried chicken :donut: :donut: :donut: laugh ,,um i think its about ur relationship wiv ur frend, and how they make you feel, a sense of anxiety develops as ''theyre '' trying to adjust your personality to their way of thinking, causeing unpleasent /embaresseing feelings for you disappointed your under pressure, :hairraising: its a big deal for you, but peaple around you arnt really fussed at all, :whew:

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:14 am

hee hee oh look you gurls,, :hairraising: :hairraising: idea idea biteing off more than you can chew, :donut: :donut: wiv ur tounge in cheek humour, NaNa NaNa happy dance happy dance i guess ur the best thangs since sliced bread,, laugh laugh i,ll just loaf :cooking: around here sum mores, huggins sweet dreams 2 Deelerious,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:09 pm

LOL dreamster, you are on a roll! :)

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:39 am

happy dance idea lol! you mean like this; rofl rofl ,,,i guess ive always thorta maself asa roll model,, ROTFL

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:23 am

Thanks for making me laugh!  :laughing: ROTFL

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:23 am

lol!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top