Two dreams concerning my son's relationship

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two dreams concerning my son's relationship

Post by exo152 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:19 am

My husband and I both had dreams this week about our 22 year old son's relationship with his current girlfriend. My husband dreamed that our son had gone to get his hair cut at a new place in town, and deciding he was attracted to the girl cutting his hair, had broken up with his girlfriend. My husband said he (my husband) felt so devastated in the dream. Two nights later, I dreamed I was talking to my son and was asking him what was wrong? Was he just tired? He said yes, he wasn't physically tired, but he was tired of his current girlfriend and was thinking of breaking up with her. My dream just felt natural, like it had already happened. (we did have a similar conversation about a former girlfriend of his).
In real life, he is very serious about this girl (they are talking marriage) and we also really like her (but would not be "devastated" if they broke up). My husband told our son about his dream and our son's reply was "never!".
Any ideas? It seems like both dreams are pretty straightforward, that his current relationship isn't going to last, but it feels like I am missing something and it makes me wonder if these dreams don't even pertain to his actual relationship??

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Two dreams concerning my son's relationship

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi, Exo -

I have two different thoughts on the dreams. First, though, the emotions in the dream should fit for what the dream is about in real life...

The first thought is a question: Is your son always literal in your dreams? Would the feelings fit if he represented anyone else in your life?

The second is: If your son is literal, then his relationship in the dreams could be symbolic for something else in his life. For the haircut dream - the haircut made me think of someone changing his mind/thoughts. Where in your son's life life would your husband feel as devastated as he did in his dream if he gave up on something that he's "in relationship with" to pursue something else?

Same goes for your dream: I think that the conversation is literal, but the subject isn't. Has he expressed to you that he's tired of anything that's been a significant part of his life?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:56 pm

Thanks for the insight, Mark!
Our son has been a concern to us recently. He still lives at home, and he attends church with us every Sunday. However, we sense him becoming very lukewarm about his walk with God. He works long hours, then spends every evening with his girlfriend, and his weekends are split between her and his buddies. We have known these guys since they were all in elementary school together, now they are all working or in college, yet they still get together and hang out on the weekends, gaming. So we rarely see him, if we ask anything about how things are going in his life, he gets very cranky, and his Bible hasn't been picked up or read in weeks. He has also been very rude and disrespectful to both myself and his dad, which isn't really like him.
My concern is this could refer to his walk (or lack of) with God and also his relationship with us. My husband was devastated but I wasn't really concerned and recall telling my son in my dream, "well, it's your choice, you have to decide."
In hindsight, this may be more about a future decision of his to move out on his own, which would devastate his dad. As for me, I think it would be good for him.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi Exo152,

Praying for you. I agree with you about your son moving out on his own. Sometimes, it gives them a greater appreciation for what parents do in providing for them. It's a blessed thing to have Godly parents.

Marla

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:36 pm

Thank you Marla! Being a parent is so much harder than my parents made it seem. I appreciate the prayers. :)

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:38 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top