Thorn In My Side

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thorn In My Side

Post by Spiritdaughter77 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:10 am

Very quickly towards the end of a dream I was having where it was just my family. Myself, my daughter, my son, and my husband. We were all traveling back home. Myself and daughter went out to a diner to grab some food and my husband and my son went to another spot. My daughter and I made it home first. Then my husband and my son came home. As we were all settling in my son runs outside fully clothed. I ran after him and I noticed he was acting strange and he ran on the front porch of the home where we were living in and was peeing over the steps and he was naked now. I got him to move back into the house. I thought he was just misbehaving so I was getting upset and ready to discipline him. Once we got into the house I noticed his side. I covered him and then noticed his rib cage area on his left side. It look like there were thorns or wood pegs sticking out. I carefully pulled one out and no blood no nothing just this thorn or wood peg like object. I continued to pull them all out as there were several I pulled the last one as they were going down a line it seems and the last one was a long branch which with his 5 yr old body would have stretched from one end of his ribs to the other. I pulled it out and stunned. Also there was no blood on these wooden pegs/thorns and the long branch. He laid in my arms in relief it seem. I then looked down as I was comforting him and noticed that the holes were already closed and looked healed all you could see where these hole patches that had healed. Then I awoke. What are your thoughts?

Spiritdaughter77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thorn In My Side

Post by HeLives00 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:58 am

Have you noticed any patterns with the men on either sides of you or your husband's side? Especially as to salvation or marriage? It may be exposure of a generational curse that the Lord wants to break. Something unlawful lewd or inappropriate may have happened resulting in the yoke but the Lord wants to use you to pray to break it.

HeLives00

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritdaughter77 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:10 am

No not really, maybe I am missing your point.

Spiritdaughter77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HeLives00 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:18 pm

Praise the Lord.

My response was my opinion and not meant to be taken as final.

There's a few symbols that are referenced in the dream symbols for this site such as nudity being exposure.

Prayerfully one of the moderators will offer input.

Blessings.

HeLives00

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:27 pm

The thorns in your son's side remind me of Paul's thorn in 2 Cor. 12:7 -  "...I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me..."

My thoughts are that the dream is a warning and call to prayer.  If your son does something that makes you feel the same way you did when he misbehaved in the dream, it may not be just a "child being naughty."  It may be more of a spiritual attack. Is his behavior an issue right now?

I also feel that this is a spiritual issue due to the thorns not drawing blood when you removed them.

Finally, you pulled out multiple thorns until you finally removed the branch.  I think this shows that you may have to pray repeatedly before you see results.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritdaughter77 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:58 pm

No he is actually a child that only believes in the Lord. Even when I was pregnant I prayed for a son and the Lord directed me to the story of King Josiah hence he is named Josiah for we were for told of a vision of my son. He has been called to be a godly man. He is an amazing 5 yr old who has no behavior issues. I don't know but this dream really bothers me for I know only good in this child. Please I only wish that someone could shed some light on this for me.

Spiritdaughter77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:40 am

Spirit daughter,

A thorn in the flesh does not mean there is something evil in your child. We all have things that we struggle with, no matter who we are.

I believe that the verse is accurate given by Mark and that there may be something in the future that he struggles with, which is totally out of character for him.

You will be the key. You will be led to do exactly what he needs and all will be well.

God has shown you in advance that you will have the victory and the message is meant for your comfort when the time comes.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritdaughter77 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:06 am

Thank you for this. May I ask which verse in Mark you are referring to?

Spiritdaughter77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:08 am

I'm sorry. Mark is TheWhiteShadow

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:09 am

Remember your choice not to discipline him because that is not what he needs and you will find the solution.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritdaughter77 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:11 am

I see. Thank you. I felt like the enemy was tormenting me yesterday over this. Thank for some since of clarity on this. Helps me to understand this a little better now. I am scared as to what will come and what he will need but I can only pray and be ready. As I fear the worse.

Spiritdaughter77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:38 pm

Spirit Daughter,

Don't be scared. Please. He will be fine and this dream is meant to show you, when the time comes, that all will be well. God gave you this dream to encourage you when the times comes (keep in mind the thought to discipline part) that you will find the solution and all will be well.

Seriously. God does not want you to worry. It's fine.

Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:28 pm

the darts may represent spoken werds, or darts of the enemy, you remove them and he is healed, ther may be some adversity ahead for him becos of his calling,, but as ur mom, you can interceed, and comfort him, i wud pray the full armour of god on him each day, soldier

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritdaughter77 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:08 pm

Thank you everyone. This is comforting, especially coming from my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Spiritdaughter77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi Spiritdaughter....Ok, my thoughts are a similar to the White Shadow but a little different.  Keep in mind, Im a little out of practice bc I haven't been here much.  Instead of a spiritual influence, Im wondering if this could be about possible food allergies or sensitivities of your son?  Sometimes food sensitivities can effect our kids' behavior.  The dyes in many of the processed foods now days, have been known to cause attention disorders, or hyper activity in kids. Sensitiviy to a food might not mean the same exact thing as an allergic reaction...but could cause out of the ordinary behaviors or conditions in some children. For example:  My niece did not test positive for a dairy allergy, but  she gets excema when she has a lot of dairy. So she is sensitive to it.  Another example:  My son is not allergic to chocolate, but his eyes glaze over and suddenly gets silly and has bursts of energy from it.  Therefore, I limit his consumption...lol!! He is way more sensitive to chocolate than my daughter.  

Im not by any means saying that your child has attention or behavior issues.  In the dream though, you seemed like you were going to discipline your child, until you noticed something that could have been causing the behavior.  The fact that there wasn't any blood, seems  like it was a very good thing to me.  An easy fix, no permanent damage.  I think this dreams purpose could just be to just bring something to your attention.  For you to take a closer look at something you didn't notice before.  It seemed painless, and you were able to quickly remove these things from his side.  This seems like a really good thing to me. Perhaps if you are struggling with his behavior, or if you do in the future, perhaps all you would need to do is to remove few things removed from his diet.

I definitely dont think that you should be alarmed by any means.  I think this is just a dream that will prompt you to take a closer look at something in your daily life that may come up, and to keep your mothers intuition tuned in to see what is really going on.  If these things dont seem to ring true just yet, then its possible something might come about in the future & you will remember the encouragement in this thread.  Nothing to fear my dear!!   huggins

I could be out in left field with the food sensitivities though....just what came to mind when I read the dream. Maybe Im leaning this way because the misbehavior happened after you guys had dinner.  

Hope this helps!  Once the dream manifests, keep us posted with the results!!  Bless you Spiritdaughter!!!  huggins

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:16 am

Thank you, Daisy!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:11 pm

Hello Spiritdaughter,

Is there any chance that your son would be experiencing bullying?  Sometimes stressful situations in the past caused my sons to regress in areas like bed wetting.  At first their dad treated it like a disciplinary issue until we noticed that it was precipitated by a major change (like moving or being bullied at a church we once attended)...just my thoughts.  Disregard if they are not on point.  God bless.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritdaughter77 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:07 pm

No he is 5 Yrs old and is currently homeschooled. He seems to have friends at church and enjoys it so not sure. And his hockey team treats him good as he is the baby on the team as the boys are 3 to 4 yrs older than him. He does get anxiety when I leave his side like I had to go to the hospital and he had a hard time even though daddy was with him. He even told me about a dream he had that I left him at church and never came back as he told me for him he called it a nightmare that that happen.

Spiritdaughter77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:28 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top