Two different beds, a reneged promise & a joyful future

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two different beds, a reneged promise & a joyful future

Post by writer4him on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:48 pm

Greetings saints,

Just now I was dreaming vividly until my cell phone rang twice and awakened me.  **Pt 2 seemed to be at an earlier time in my life than Part 1.  None of my kids have any children right now.

The dreams are as follows:  

Pt 1.:  I was climbing up into a very high bed.  It was not high like a bunk bed but a big queen sized bed with several mattresses on it.  There were lots of pillows on it and I was dressed very nicely.  Once I had settled onto the pillows comfortably, I held out my arms and one of my children placed a granddaughter in my lap.  She was beautiful and dressed very prettily.  I snuggled her into one arm then another one of my children handed me a second granddaughter who was also beautiful and prettily dressed.  She was settled into my other arm and I was so happy my heart felt about to burst.  I remember laughing and telling my grown children to take lots of pictures. Both girls were infants of about 8-12 months.

Pt.2: I had been promised something good (like a job or something) and had to travel by foot to get it, so I began walking with a young child who was about 3-4 years old.  I don't remember if it was my child but we were very close and the child was snuggled against my right side the whole time we walked.  I remember it being odd that often times our feet became very entangled but I didn't trip or stumble; instead it just felt very familiar and comfortable when her leg brushed against mine. We were both barefoot and the ground was warm beneath us; the sun was high overhead.  

The child was dressed in a simple shift dress that was plain and drab; like a poor child in a rural setting from another time period.  The sun was hot and we became weary and thirsty but still had far to go.  As we came to a large, shady oak tree, I had the feeling that we were in danger somehow--I'm not sure why and don't remember if I saw something/someone but my apprehension grew as we neared the tree.  There was a old wooden fence a few yards behind the tree; the dirt path curved behind the tree and continued past the end of the fence.  

I stopped for a moment to look around and when I looked again, there was an old man leaning on the fence.  He beckoned to us and indicated that he was there to protect us so we should walk with him.  He draped an arm around my shoulder as I had done with the child and we three continued on the journey.  We had been walking for miles and miles but the child never complained about the journey.

The scene changed and we reached a house that think was our destination.  We were so exhausted and wanted only to rest but the place seemed unlivable.  We went shown to the bedroom and what I saw there was so disheartening:  the bedroom had a bed in it but it was piled up with trash.  There was dust, debris and broken junk everywhere in that room.  In fact, it looked as if the place had been ransacked then shut up for years and abandoned.  I cleared debris off from a side of the bed for the little child to lie down and after only after she fell asleep did I allow my tears to fall as I sat on the side of the bed.  I had believed we were going to receive something wonderful at the end of of our journey; it is what kept us going.  The sobbing seemed to come from somewhere deep inside of me and I heard myself groaning in my sleep just before my cell phone rang near my head and awakened me suddenly.  I was mo
mentarily disoriented and felt like I was still crying until I realized that I had fallen into a deep sleep sitting in a chair in my living room...

In fact the phone rang twice.  The first call was from my 18 year old who needs a ride home from work tonight.  I was drifting back to sleep and starting to see that room again when the phone rang again.  The second call was a recorded message from a prayer group that I dial into occasionally. It said:  "Today is the day for your miracle. God is going to do a miracle in your life--it doesn't matter how long the trouble has been going on!"  Half asleep, I just thanked God and praised Him then put the phone down.  Since then I have been wide awake and still feeling disoriented and a bit off....

Last edited by writer4him on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:52 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected an error in dream actions. The child slept, I did not.)

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Two different beds, a reneged promise & a joyful future

Post by writer4him on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:14 pm

I think the child I am traveling with is me...

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:43 pm

I have been praying about this...what I remember is that I had strong feelins about specific things in both dreams. In the high bed, i felt wealthy, well cared for, comfortable, queenly. The cluttered bed made me feel cheated, misled and very tired. Everything was focused on reaching that house where we were supposed to find rest...the child had trusted me and I brought her to a desolate place. I felt that we could not stay there but lacked the strength to go on. The tree seemed like a place to rest from a distance but felt unsafe as we got closer. The old man seemed to be kind and I trusted him...did not feel alarmed.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:14 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top