My son in prison

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My son in prison

Post by dreamer3315 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:55 pm

Dream begins with me being at a prison (looked like a flea market with cells where vendors would be set up). I am eating soup and I know my son is in this prison. I began to walk at least a mile to where his cell is. On the way I see and speak to three people that I know who are ministers. I have my soup in my hand to take to feed him. When I get to his cell, he is so small and malnourished. I could tell he hasn't been eating the food there. I give him the soup. He has a sore in the top of his head and he is exercising. I tell him please son eat and that he can't keep exercising b/c he isn't eating. A guard (really nice older man) comes to his cell and I ask can I please send my son other food besides what they are feeding him. The guard says no he has to eat what we are feeding him.

The next thing I know, I'm on my way back to see him again this time, I'm carrying leftovers of tomato & rice that I'd just got through eating with my mother and step father. Doesn't seem like enough. I feel heartbroken to see my son this way. End of dream. God has given me pieces of this and I welcome any thoughts.

**The night before seems like the same theme: I dream I am a worker at subway. I'm waiting on a customer and it takes me 5 hours to fix the sandwich. I still don't fix it due to bread being one place, veggies being another, I dropped the bread, etc....End up asking my coworker to fix the sandwich. I saw the customer disappointed and rolled his eyes.

IRL: I am extremely worried about my son's mental heath. He has been in and out of juvie since he was 12. He's now 18, out on his own & and was diagnosed with schizophrenia. Just last week, my husband and I went to visit him...and he ran across the road to get away from us. He is extremely paranoid and we are praying God will restore our relationship. Please pray for my family. crying

dreamer3315

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My son in prison

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:33 am

Do you feel like you felt in the second dream in some area of your life?... Ie, that something that should be quick and practically effortless is almost impossible?

The first dream is a call to prayer because your son is in a place where he is not getting the help he needs.

Father,

I pray for this family. I pray for Dreamer's son, that You send the help that He needs. I thank You for Your Goodness, Father. And we take comfort in how good You are. I know you are bigger than all of this, Lord, and I thank You TODAY that you will not fail Dreamer and her family.

I pray for peace to come to dreamer, Lord. I pray that You would give her comfort and rest from her worries. I pray that You would help her to cast her cares upon You because You care for her.

I thank You that this thing that we ask is finished, Father. Your word says to ask so that our joy may be complete and I trust and rely upon that truth to know that this is finished.

In Jesus Name.

Amen.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer3315 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:19 pm

Thanks so much Mia for your response. Yes I do feel like that about my relationship with my son. It seems that having a relationship with him should be effortless...but so much has happened over the years it is almost impossible. The last time we had a great relationship was when he was 12 and thats where the downward spiral began...I have not been able to regain his love and affection since then. So much damage has been done, but I have done the very best I could to raise him as a single parent. I also have a daughter with special needs. Just not sure where to start. I can't even call him b/c he wants nothing to do with us. The only connection I have is with his caseworker (had to place him in foster care six months before his 18th birthday b/c he wouldn't stay with us and he had nowhere else to go). I feel helpless all the time. Sorry I'm venting :( Thanks so much for your prayers for us it means more than you know.

dreamer3315

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:16 am

Dreamer,

Don't apologize for venting.

Don't worry about where to start. I promise you, just trust God and pray, and keep on praying until you see this thing restored. Jesus said to ask and keep on asking. But also keep on trusting. God wants this more than you do so expect Him to pull out all the stops to help. Just trust Him.

And don't let the enemy lie to you and make you feel bad either. When you start feeling like you could have done this or could have done that, you need to replace those thoughts with something good:

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Phillipians 4:8

Seriously, take any thought that contradicts what we just prayed and believe and replace it with Good.

Say, I will take comfort in my Father's goodness. Do it every time and you will see a change, I promise.

Hugs,

Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer3315 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:53 pm

Will do Mia! So funny I just spent months in therapy learning the very same thing about thought replacement! This makes me smile and I will take comfort in my Father's goodness!!!! I have such peace today about the situation and I know it's my Father's goodness towards us!!! happy dance

dreamer3315

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:13 am

Amen!! Our Father is sooooooooooooooooooo good!!! I just love to see Him work!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top