Which Came First?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which Came First?

Post by writer4him on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:35 am

I was at a small group meeting with about a dozen or so people.  I was so happy to see my brother there as we live states apart and rarely see one another.  

There was a couple there whom I met had through my relationship with the grandmother of the wife about 10 years ago.  They had been pastors of a small congregation but lost their building and ministry during difficult times.  The grandmother is a former neighbor of ours who had 'adopted' me and my family, calling us her God-given grandchildren and making us a part of family gatherings. Although she always insists on including us, we can kind of tell that her family doesn't quite feel the same way so we sometimes decline her invites because we don't want to put a damper on their holiday gatherings.  The couple's 11 year old daughter was there as well.

I was standing with my back against a wall and their daughter ran over to give me a hug and she remained there with her arms wrapped around my waist, kind of snuggling.  Her dad stood up suddenly and began to share with the group some wonderful stories about recent supernatural events that had occurred but he mentioned them as though he only was privy to the knowledge.

My brother got an surprised look on his face and spoke up saying, "Aren't those the things that my sister had prophesied about"?  Others in the room excitedly confirmed what my brother said.  The speaker kind of gave my brother a dirty look and ignored him the others to continue on talking about other things.  While he was talking, he strolled over and removed his daughter's arms from my waist and wrapped them around his own waist then leaned against the wall next to me but she looked uncomfortable in the embrace, not restful like before. (He is very slim and tall; I have what my kids affectionately called "blubbies" when they were young and that was why they liked snuggling with me  laugh )  

I felt like this awkward behavior was disrupting the meeting so I left the room and went into the bathroom and just stood there feeling really sad, unwelcome and confused at to why the man had such enmity towards me...

Last edited by writer4him on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To include the feelings I experienced in the dream)

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Came First?

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:53 am

I am certain that is a prophecy of your future feelings in a similar situation.

Father,

I pray for writer4him that You would protect her from feelings of hurt and rejection. I pray that You would wrap your loving arms around her like a suit of armor to protect her from hurt.

I also pray that you give her understanding that helps her resilience in this situation. Understanding that would allow her to see the immaturity of the person's behaving this way and that she would know that it is not a rejection of her but a lack of love and kindness on the part of the other person.

In Jesus Name.

Amen.

And here is a hug from me too....

huggins

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:52 pm

Thanks, Mia. This dream felt intensely personal and I remembered it clearly as soon as I woke up. I have been in a difficult season and have been praying that the Lord would reaffirm my gifts, move me on to my next place of service and help me build new relationships with our brethren. Thank you for your prayers. At least I will know how to sort out the situation and pray for the individual(s) represented by the man in my dream. God bless your ministry to continue. It has been immensely valuable over the past decade; it is so wonderful to look back over dreams I posted here years ago and realize how they came to pass in my life.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:09 pm

Awwww, thank you so much.

We are in the same place, then.

I pray that God would do all those things and send you encouragement in this season.

A friend of mine prayed that God would encourage me today and I can't tell you what a blessing it is to be encouraged.  I truly appreciate you today and I pray that God uses this situation to turn the tide in the situation that is to come.  I pray that you are so prepared and well equipped to handle it that jaws just drop, IN JESUS NAME!!

Thank you again for your encouraging words.  They mean a lot to me.

Hugs!

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: