Too Many Cars!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Too Many Cars!

Post by Stewartdeirdre on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:11 pm

I Dreamed I was in front of my house surrounded by many cars that were all mine. I do not recall how many there were. The cars appeared to be white but the first part of my dream was mostly black and white. I was trying to park the cars in front of my house, but each time I parked one and got out of that car to go park another one, each one of the cars would start rolling backwards. None of the cars I attempted to park would stay put, but rather would roll down the street and crash into the neighbors cars and property. I felt soo frustrated in my dream because they kept going where I did not want them to go. One of the cars rolled back into my neighbors fence and destroyed it. The neighbor came out and was furious. He marched over to my house to tell my parents what I had done. I tried to run and stop him, but I couldn't run properly. I was moving in extreme slow motion and barely going forward. I was in the middle of the street in front of my house and I finally gave up trying to chase him. I eventually turned around to look at the damage my car caused to the neighbors fence, but when I turned around, the fence was no longer broken. It had been fixed like new. I looked and my neighbor was sitting peacefully in his backyard with a smile on his face.This part of the dream had vibrant color. I remember mostly the green grass in my neighbors yard and the new beige wood of the fence. I asked my neighbor how he fixed the fence so fast and he pointed across the street and said, "He helped me." The neighbor across the street took down his own fence and gave it to the one with the broken fence. As soon as I looked up to see the guy who helped my neighbor with his fence, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that was my husband . The husband I had waited my whole life to find. (In real life, I am not currently married). In my dream my husband ended up being an ex boyfriend of mine named Michael. In my dream, I remember thinking what the description of my husband was supposed to look like (because In real life, one of my pastors told me they had a dream that they were officiating my wedding and they gave me a description of what my husband would look like.) In my dream I remember thinking that although Michael did not match the description of the dream my pastor gave me in real life, I felt that was just a minor detail. In my heart I knew he was the one for me. I ran over to Michael and he picked me up in his arms and we kissed. I woke up feeling hopeful.

Any insights? Please and thank you :)
Deirdre

Stewartdeirdre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too Many Cars!

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:21 pm

Hello, Deirdre -

Cars can symbolize a few things in dreams.  When I dream about my car, that's usually an indication for me that the dream relates to something going on right now - or in the very near future.  My car can also represent my body, and I've also had dreams where other cars represented other people or their bodies.

My thoughts on the black-and-white portion of your dream is that it may be about events in the past.  Have you felt any struggles in the past that remind you of how you struggled with the cars?  You had trouble keeping the cars in place in the dream, so they may symbolize real-life situations that are difficult to maintain control over - such as a variety of activities, or even a variety of relationships.

Whatever the cars represent, one of them should stand out as a source of conflict with "a neighbor" - either a literal one or a symbolic one.  If there was ever a literal issue with a fence, then that should also fit.  Otherwise, fences can symbolize Boundaries.  If the car represents a person, then they should have broken boundaries in another's life at some point in the past.

The color portion of the dream, to me, is about God's promise of restoration.

Finally, the Husband:  The Perfect husband, of course, is the Lord.  He may be symbolized by the husband in your dream.  

That's not to say that this dream isn't about your literal future spouse and a situation that he helps to restore.  However, if you see healing taking place in that relationship with the damaged fence while you're still single, then it's more than likely a symbol for the Lord.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stewartdeirdre on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:45 pm

I never considered the cars representing my body or other people, but it makes so much sense that could be accurate for my particular dream. Yes, I have had a recent experience last year wear I was feeling exactly how I felt while trying to move forward, but never progressing, only falling backwards. There were clear boundary violations on my part as well. I realized my fault in the situation and finally stopped trying to advance any further in the situation. I have actually had no contact with that person since last year and there are no signs of reconciliation or restoration. We weren't particularly friends, it was just someone I worked with at the time. I've often wondered if the husband was a 2 fold symbol? One being God and His amazing abilities to transform any situation. As the name Michael means, "Who is like God?" And the other being a restoration of my relationship with my ex that was broken almost 7 years ago. I have had no contact with my ex in almost 4 years, so I'm not sure that's 100% accurate, but that's what always comes to mind when I think about it. Another insight is that I had this dream back in September of 2008. I used to write down my dreams all the time, but I got busy with life and stopped writing and tucked this journal away and kind of forgotten about the dreams, but it's crazy lately that during Christmas time last year, I felt compelled to revisit my dream journal and read over them and there are a handful that I can't get out of my spirit at this time in my life. Some of which I recenly posted to this forum and this being one of them. I'm not sure what God is doing, but now I feel is the time to seek insight into what God is doing and saying to me. Thank you sooooooo much for taking the time to read my entry and respond so thoughtfully. I appreciate it immensely!

Stewartdeirdre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:17 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top