runaway motorhome

View previous topic View next topic Go down

runaway motorhome

Post by Glad on Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:55 pm

In this dream I am driving a big motorhome on a curvy road that goes downhill. I have my children with me. I try to slow down but the breaks don't work well. I remember blue sky and clear view. As we get faster and faster I try harder and harder to step on the breaks, and finally I manage to put my whole weight on them, we slow down and I see a run off, which I take and finally come to a stop on a field that is right in front of a fenced in community of houses/apartments.

Thank you again for any thoughts.

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: runaway motorhome

Post by beepromises on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:05 pm

Okay, I'm going to do some more thinking out loud, and some word association:

RV...feels like a temporary home to me....transitional...but you chose it; i.e. you're in the driver's seat.

Road....where you're headed...

curvy road...don't we have some saying about curves in the road? Like 'it wasn't a straight path for me....there were a lot of curves in the road....' Am I making any sense here? I can't think of how I want to say it!

Downhill: when we say 'it's all downhill from here' that could be a good thing or a bad thing....for you, it feels like a bad thing because you think you're going to crash and you're trying to put the brakes on.....but you end up safe.....

Fenced in community of houses: a safe community? A place of security and protection?

Maybe: you're choosing (or are going to choose) a transition for you and your children, but even though you're choosing it - you're in the driver's seat and in control - you feel out of control like you're going to 'crash and burn'. You try to stop (maybe regretting your decision for the transition) because of fear and feeling out of control, but you actually end up safe and in a place of rest and security.
:hmm:
Does any of this stick?

Oh - and the 'clear view' - you start out with a clear vision of what you're doing and where you're heading........?

beepromises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:34 pm

i think its more of the same, altho ur husband doesnt seem present, it may be a progression of your current situ, :hairraising: yep the rv sounds like transitional accommdation to me, it may be a rapid happening thing /event, ending up in a secure community, scratching chin and the clarity is a good sign,. :glory:

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad on Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:35 am

Blessings for you Beepromises and Dreamster, thank you for bringing some insight.
Just wondering, how do I know that the safe part is not only what my soul hopes for, but assurance from God?

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by beepromises on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:57 am

That's a good question, Glad. I had to really think about it, and ask myself the same thing.

Here's what I've got so far:

It's scary to think that just because we want something, that maybe our subconscious will put it into a dream....and then we might turn around and believe that the dream must be from God and then we go for it.....and it wasn't from God....

That's why we need a lot of confirmation and more than one dream when it's a big thing like this. I don't think God minds at all if we ask for a lot of confirmation - think of Gideon.

I'm pretty sure if an angel showed up and talked to me, I would be hesitant to ask for any more confirmation....but Gideon did it more than once....

But then there's this: Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. NIV

So there's the words 'hope' and 'assurance', just like in your question. See how I tied that all together? laugh

It doesn't sound like you're going to make a big decision based on one or two dreams, but on the other hand it does sound like your dreams are putting a spotlight on - first of all - what is going on in your life right now; secondly, how you feel about it; and thirdly, what the end result will be so that you can plow through the fear and the feeling of 'out of control' and 'how will this all end'.

I don't like it when people talk in Christianese to me - 'soar higher' for instance. That sounds great until I ask what does that mean in my regular daily life.....what do I do to 'soar'.....

So instead I'm just going to tell you this: I've been in your position - twice. I know the paralyzing fear and uncertainty and doubt; it's overwhelming. Especially when you have children. No one can truly understand unless they've been there.

There's no easy way through it. In fact, my favorite song is:
When you're going through Hell, keep on moving, by Rodney Atkins.

I would highly suggest that you go to youtube and type it in - find the ones with the lyrics and memorize them!!!

Another practical tip for every day life: start to imagine the good life that you need. Daydream about what it will look like and feel like. Your body doesn't necessarily know if a thing is real or not, so the better you are at imagining and dwelling on something, the more your body reacts as if it's real. So you'll get some 'feel good' hormones going through you.

Tell yourself 'it's not like I'm ready to do this yet - or maybe not at all! - but if I were, what would I need to have/do?' Like: a place to live.....finances......etc.

The more you start to just daydream about those things - rather than make yourself sit down and force yourself to think when you're already stressed - just daydream some times about what you want and what you need to make it happen....

Then things will start to come to you - especially, of course, if you're asking God for wisdom which you are obviously doing.

During the times I've made big decisions, more than once I've made the decision that I was positive I wasn't going to make....but I can look back and see how I daydreamed about what each option would look like and what steps I would do to make it happen.....and then suddenly - when I thought I couldn't possibly see what was the right choice and what was the wrong choice - suddenly I could see the right choice and it was so obvious I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it all along!

And then the steps were simple. Because I'd been relaxing and daydreaming without pressure or 'shoulds'.........

Okay, I didn't mean to write a sermon! I hope it helped. Don't pressure yourself to make a decision this minute. Stress literally makes us stupid - we can't make good decisions when we're stressed.

duh

beepromises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:57 am

Beepromises, send you a PM

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by beepromises on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:33 am

Thank you Glad, very much! I'm so new at this I didn't know that I had a pm......I was able to read it, but it said that I don't have enough posts yet to reply or post a pm.....got to earn my stripes. laugh

beepromises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by beepromises on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:57 am

One more thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBKybUusyP8

click on the link and turn your speakers up

beepromises

View user profile

Back to top Go down