Scared my past will sneak up on me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scared my past will sneak up on me

Post by Daisy on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:12 am

Irl, I had a very bad experience when I first became a christian.  The people who introduced me to God, were off in their theology, and twisted the bible for their own selfish gain.  I was encouraged to cut off my family, and friends in fear of backsliding and going to hell.  I was very young and niave.  They were much older than me, and claimed to be pastors.  I did everything they said out of fear. I moved out of my parents house, and into theirs.  I was mistreated, an taken advantage of financially.  I was constantly, controlled, belittled, criticized, intimidated, and at times even physically intimidated if I resisted their authority.  It was an awful way to live, yet because I loved God, and was convinced by them that if I left that I would fall away from him! I stayed in this envoronment for 7 years.  It wasn't until I got involved in a local church that I started to realize this wasn't Gods will for me.  God has since restored so much to me!!  I still lost so many years of my life during this time.  I didn't pursue college either because of their discouragement.  

I had a dream I was in a classroom with these two women.  When class dismissed, the one girl who was the meanest approached me.  She asked me where I was going.  I was scared of her, and didnt want to tell her anything.  In the dream I was still living with her, and felt like I had to tell her.  I said I was going to a gymnastics class, and I was hoping she wasn't going to follow me. (I used to do gymnastics as a child). I cut through this building to get to my car.  There wasn't anyone else in the building at the time,and I was hoping she didn't follow me and try to intimidate me.  While cutting through the building, I was thinking to myself, "I really need to move out of her house.  I cant stay there for rent free forever.  She doesn't even know me anymore.  I could go and live with my parents again." I was making plans to change things up.  It was as if I wasn't married, and I was time warped back to that awful time.  The only thing that was different, is that I wasn't one bit scared of going to hell.  I was secure in my relationship with God.  I wasn't scared of backslliding if I were to go back to my family.  I really hated the feeling of being scared of her though!!  When I got to the other side of the building, I found the parking lot.  I was looking for my white car, the car that I owned way before I met what I now call, "The crazy Ladies!" It was my first car I owned, when I was 15 (I got my drivers liscence early).

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scared my past will sneak up on me

Post by dreamster on Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:06 pm

what what what i\\'m sorry i\\'m sorry thats just hiddious,,i hope youve gotten support/counciling etc, thats very traumatiseing, :hairraising: :hairraising:

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:11 pm

scratching chin i think its a clear picture of your own progress youve made, happy dance :hooray: and the stable beleif system you have, idea i still think theres fear holding you captive, :shocking: ,,i think your dream is a clear message to you ,revealing your sub concious werld, ,,i would seek prayer and counciling to minister to these areas in your life, :glory:

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:51 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top