Need interpretation of a troubling/disturbing dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need interpretation of a troubling/disturbing dream

Post by timmysgal on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:56 am

I rarely remember my dreams so, when I do, and especially when they have such a profound emotional impact on me, I pay attention and want to understand them.

I had a dream last week that seemed very significant but I don't really understand it.

I wrote it down when I woke up, to get as much detail as possible.

Here are my unedited, somewhat chaotic, notes:

There was a group of us (people that I knew, presumably) together, don't know what for or where...but at the time it seemed to not be weird...but, in real life, I think it was odd...

And we came upon a house....it was almost like we had been exploring different places because, finding this house together didn't seem the slightest bit weird....although what we found was....even in the dream.

We found a house that was abandoned but apparently rather recently and suddenly but our response was almost matter of fact.  

we knew they had been abducted and killed or something not right.... it was definitely bad or creepy but there was a distance, emotionally, in us - it was almost clinical - and there was an odd matter of factness about how we were behaving (and yet, emotionally, I know that while dreaming, I was very moved/shaken by it)....like it was scary but we weren't totally shocked by it.

We found some clue, and somehow figured out that the house was (criminally) planned to be blown up the next day or something....but, we kept wanting to explore the house (for something more?)

then, the scene seemed to shift ...it was now dark (nighttime, whereas in the earlier scene, I knew it was daytime) in that room.  We had a flashlight, that's partly how I know.

And we saw a large glass curio cabinet like thing....full size, like a China cabinet.  And, somewhere near the middle shelf, or slightly below it, there were two framed marriage licenses inside (don't know if they were on the same shelf; don't know that they were necessarily the SAME marriage license).  for some reason, I think we had wondered about whether the occupants of the house had been married....and then we found the licenses.

In the dream, we came upon them and, just like in a movie, we shone the light on the license and it is like it zoomed in and we could see the dates.  seems like, in the dream, I could see the date but, in reality, I think it was kind of blurry and I don't remember the date....but, in the dream, I remember the date being "a very long time ago". ..like people from previous generations or something.

That made the house have more of an ancient, back in time, abandoned feeling....but then it shifted and it was back to the more "present time" sense and we could see....wasn't dark/nighttime anymore.

we were looking around the house...for what, I don't know....clues maybe...but I can't remember.

There were two cats (maybe black?).  Robin (a woman I know from church) was just plunging in, looking through stuff.  it wasn't to be nosy....it seemed purposeful.  

We were all being purposeful.  I say "all" because it seemed like there were more than two of us there but, by this point in the dream, Robin and I were the only ones obviously present.

All of a sudden, Robin moved some papers or something...and this giant snake...it wasn't like it was from the wild but like a pet snake that had gotten loose...And it came slithering out.  

I couldn't see its head...just its body...but it was a good sized one, not tiny but not just crazy enormous either.

And it was kind of moving in that loop that snakes move in (like they are one endless loop of movement).

my immediate reaction was to jump back (in real life, I am also very afraid of snakes and have NO desire to get near them except behind glass at the zoo)

I saw it first and freaked out and ran to the door frame and stood there, watching in from a distance....in some senses it was odd because the snake maybe still seemed not fully a threat because it was still partly covered by the papers...it was like on a desk or something.

So, Robin, in true to life sense, was sort of acting like nothing, no big deal...no jumping...just matter of factly like, well, I guess we've got to deal with this....but staying right there....not running away...almost like not afraid of it.

but I was thinking, snakes are dangerous, I'm not staying so close to THAT! I didn't say that but it was the sense of it.  but then I remembered the cats for some reason and I warned her to get the cats away so they'There was a group of us like together....don't know what or where...but at the time it seemed to not be weird...but, I real life, I think it is odd....And we came upon a house....it was almost like we had been exploring different places because, finding this house together didn't seem the slightest bit weird....although what we found was....even in the dream.

We found a house that was abandoned but recently...it was almost matter of fact, we knew they has been abducted and killed....again, it was bad or creepy but there was a distance, emotionally, and there was an odd matter of factness about it....like it was scary but we weren't totally shocked by it ....We found some clue, and figured out that the house was going to be blown up the next day or something....but, we kept wanting to explore it...then, the scene seemed to shift ...it was dark in that room....We had a flashlight, that's how I know....And we saw a curio cabinet like thing....full size like a China cabinet....And it had two framed marriage licenses in it....for some reason I guess we had wondered about whether they had been married....and then we found the licenses....in the dream, we came upon it, and just like in a movie, we shone the light on the license and it is like it zoomed in and we could see the dates....seems like in the dream I could see the date but in reality I think it was kind of blurry and I don't remember the date....but, in the dream, I remember the date being "a very long time ago". ..like people from previous generations or something....

That made the house have more of an ancient, back in time, abandoned feeling....but then it shifted and it was back to the more "present time" sense and we could see....wasn't dark...we were looking around the house...for what, I don't know....clues maybe...but I can't remember....there were two cats....Robin was just plunging in to looking through stuff...it wasn't to be nosy....it seemed purposeful...We were all being purposeful....it seemed like there were more than two of us there but by this point, robin and I were the only obvious ones....all of a sudden, she moved a paper or something...and this giant snake...it was like a pet snake, not just that there was a wild snake....came slithering out...I couldn't see its head...just its body...but it was a good sized one...not tiny but not just crazy enormous either....And it was kind of moving in that loop that snakes move in....my immediate reaction was to jump back....I saw it first and freaked out and ran to the door frame and stood there, watching in from a distance....in some senses it was odd because the snake maybe still seemed not fully a threat because it was still partly covered by the papers...it was like on a desk or something....So, robin, in true to life sense, was sort of acting like nothing...no jumping...just matter of factly like, well, I guess we've got to deal with this....but staying right there....not running away...almost like not afraid of it....but I'm like....snakes are dangerous....not staying so close to THAT.....didn't say that but it was the sense....but then I remember the cats for some reason and I warn her to get the cats away so they'd be safe but, instead,she used the cats as bait (which freaked me out a bit).  but then it was weird because the snake, whose face I still couldn't really see, although it had come out more, the snake was doing some weird thing with the cats and it is like they were teasing or goofing around with the snake.

Then - I think I pointed this out to Robin...but maybe not....but I think I was sort of helping give instruction because I could see the whole room at a glance since I was further back, in the door way - we found this plexiglass box, like the top of a terrarium, to put over the snake.

We....it felt like "we", and in the dream I had more of a first person visual perspective at this point, but it was Robin who was actually getting the snake "gathered in" to the box....you know the snake's body was kind of spread out on the table.

she didn't actually touch it but she was able to gather it in with the edges of the box.  So we got it contained.

note: in real life, Robin isn't "girly" (I'm much more so).  she's rough and tumble, lives out in the country, does a bunch of rough and tumble stuff, probably has slaughtered a chicken for all I know.  And she kind of poo-poos squeamishness and girlyness in other women.

In the dream, she didn't do that to me, but I say that to explain that her staying there, not freaking out and just facing a snake like it is no big thing (and me running away from a snake) is totally true to real life.

Anyway, the main thing - the snake seemed like a distraction or just some extra thing, unplanned - is that we were still looking for something.

We had some device...counter or timer thing...That told us that the event was planned for, I think, the next night....like the house would be blown up then or something.

And maybe we were just trying to find this "thing" before that happened...or maybe it was clues to try to prevent it....but after awhile I kept thinking it was time to get out of there!

The sense of creepiness seemed to grow...or maybe we just became more aware of it....especially as we got closer to this one corner of the room, and a closet and what looked like a sunroom....and I sensed and think I mentioned something about what we might find/stumble upon and I was sort of warning/worried about pending doom....what we might find, including dead bodies.

and it was as if, then, after I said that, then we smelled and acknowledged what we must have already been smelling - but you know when you smell something but you almost mentally "tune it out" - but it was like then we actually acknowledged that there was a faint stink - like maybe the dead people were actually still there and we just hadn't yet stumbled upon them.

And that made it turn more ominous....

And then I don't remember anymore....because I woke up then

After I woke, i kept thinking about the dream....it felt dark...And important...and like I needed to know something from it....because it was ominous....dangerous....

and, it is almost like the actual events were less real, now that I'm awake, but the other elements felt more real being awake.

I know that was long and detailed.  That's how my dreams tend to be, when I remember them.

Wise interpretations requested.

timmysgal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top