Bathtub Overflow

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bathtub Overflow

Post by ladybecky on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:55 pm

I dreamt that I saw our bathtub from a previous home we lived in. It had a little water in it like it was draining. I proceeded to turn on the water to help rinse the remaining water down the drain, but I noticed the water level did not go down, it began to rise. Thinking that the drain stopper was closed, i reached in and pulled it open so the water could drain. I turned on the water again as before to help drain the bathtub, but the water rose quickly, so I turned it off. Even after the water was off, the water level rose and started to overflow on to the bathroom floor. I remember thinking that maybe the drain was clogged and that I didn't want to tell my husband because he might get angry that the water overflowed onto the floor. End of dream.

Can anyone help me with the interpretation? What does the bathtub represent since it was from a place where we used to live?

Thanks

Becky

ladybecky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathtub Overflow

Post by dreamster on Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:44 am

um is there a personal issuse that you went thru in your life wen you were at that house?? a time of cleansing,,and something u kept 2 your self,,,and didnt share wiv ur husband,,youre tryin to get rid of the water but it refills,,,is this somethin thats unresolved,,???let me know... flower D

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybecky on Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:52 am

Hi Dreamster! Well, I can't specifically point to a single issue, but generally as I look back at our experiences in that time period in that house were difficult and trying. I think you are on the right track as to trying to get rid of something but it keeps refilling as it relates to the dream.

Becky

ladybecky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:11 pm

ok bekky..i guess somethin 2 pray about,,,all the best flower D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:34 pm

Hey dear one

I wonder if in the past you and your husband used to be more dedicated to God than you are now? (please don't take offense to what I've said).

I wonder if the spirit of God is getting ready to overflow in your life like never before? You'll try to contain it and "hold it in" so to speak, but that won't help because it will continue to flow out and all will see it? I wonder if a real dramatic "washing" of your innermost being is about to take place--something that has NEVER happened to you before?

Please pray on what I've said
desiree
p.s. Why don't you want your husband to know about this?

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybecky on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi Desiree, I don't take offense, excellent feedback, As I read your Post and pondered a bit here is what I see:

-I see an attempt by me to drain the tub but as i try, the tub begins to fill up even after I turned the water off and eventually overflow spilling onto the floor. In the dream I didn't want to tell my husband because I was thinking he would get upset with me about allowing the bath water to overflow messing up the floor.

-Maybe there was an aspect of control? I was trying to control the flow or empty something but it had the opposite effect?

I would love an overflow of the Spirit in our lives! Please continue to provide feedback as the Lord leads you.

Blessings

Becky

ladybecky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:23 pm

My personal experience is that water represents my emotional state.

A tub of water in this case would represent an overflow of emotions. Emotions that perhaps God is trying to get you to deal with.

Your husband may not be a man that handles emotions well and therefore if you get emotional, it may upset him or get him tense. It could be that you are avoiding processing and dealing with some things from your past (particularly that occurred in that house) emotionally because you feel that he perhaps can't handle it, but it's necessary for you to confront/process/handle.

This would be what I would think if it were my dream. 2 cents. I could be off - cause dreams are very personal from God, but this would be what God was telling me if he gave me this dream.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:32 pm

Becky~ It most certainly expounds something good...but somehow falls short of excommunication. What is being demostrated here is this " be not weary in well doing" the authenticity of being honest is duly noted by the father himself...it seems as if there is a "with-holding"...the spirit is willing but the flesh is'nt pertaining to some decision to be made, however the fear of the "restrainer" is surley a work of the enemy conserning persucution/work when it comes to obeying the Lord...apparently the intentions you have are genuine...but feel at the same time your everts would be done in vain. Be ye not faint-hearted...in due season you will be divinely rewarded for seizing the opportunity to do good, press down and running over...for whatever the case may be. There is no communication or shame lost in that. Amen~

Salutation of Halo flower

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of The King87 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:02 am

Bathroom usually represent a cleaning. Christ is the spring of living water. I thinking of a scripture that states my cup runs over.
Maria

Daughter of The King87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pwilso512 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:37 pm

It sounds like you are trying to cover up something from your past. I could be wrong, but I think that your husband represents God in your dream. He is trying to cleanse you of your past (bathroom in your previous home). But you don't want Him or anyone else to see your past mistakes....your secrets (but He knows everything). That's why you keep trying to drain the water out the tub and turn on the water to help rinse the remaining water out. But you have no control over it. God is going to have His way. Again, I could be wrong, but that's what I get out of your dream.

pwilso512

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybecky on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:15 am

Thank you for the excellent posts. I think you are correct about dealing with issues from the past and or things beyond my control.

Blessings to you all!

Becky

ladybecky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:56 pm

ur more than wellcome... flower D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down