so confused..don't know what to believe please help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

so confused..don't know what to believe please help

Post by tcr1223 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:07 pm

In Dec 2011 I was on a retreat and re-gave my life to Jesus! In a time of praise and worship a young man named Jemal came encouraging me to cry out to the Lord as he is standing in front of me and began to speak in tongues. Jemal says "The Lord says you can understand this" and continues in toungues. The next thing I hear is " this is your husband". Me and Jemal have never dated before or after. I had just met him basically that weekend. After that we got to know each other and saw a awesome godly connection but he said he heard from the Lord basically to back away.
Earlier this year we had a convo and he told me he was involved with someone. I feel as though I heard God right but everything is wrong and will never get pass this.
For like the past couple if weeks the whole jemal thing got worse, he was showing up in my dreams left n right with no real understanding of why. Attempting to seek out random people to help with my dreams leaves me more confused and doubtful. Yup i prayed and fast but he showed up more. So i wake up this morning feeling like I was drowning and everything I thought I knew was just wrong n just end it all basically.
Please help me..did I hear the Lord right? Is he my husband or am I just crazy and deceived?

tcr1223

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: so confused..don't know what to believe please help

Post by Glad on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:35 pm

Hi tcr1223  I believe the Lord would give you more than just that as a confirmation, that this man was to be your husband. It would be important to pray with not having this relationship or marriage as an end result in mind, as that would lead to not understanding God as clearly as you might be otherwise. It is hard to hear in circumstances like this at times.
Another take on this could be this bible verse  Jeremiah 3:14 GOD'S WORDŽ Translation
"Come back, you rebellious people," declares the LORD. "I'm your husband. I will take you, one from every city and two from every family, and bring you to Zion.
I pray that you would have discernment, wisdom and find someone that can guide you and help you through this time and that you may experience His peace, in Jesus Name.

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top