Fine line??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fine line??

Post by exo152 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:18 pm

I have a question. What is the fine line between forgiving someone, and not enabling them to continue hurting you anymore? I have a family member that crushed me with some very hurtful words to basically get their way on something. I have purposed in my heart to forgive them, and forgiveness has never been hard for me. However, I do feel like they need to realize that their bully tactics are wrong. I have prayed much for them, but am not sure if I should participate in the situation they crushed me over. It would be very easy for me to just forgive and move on and act like all is fine around them, participating and helping them, while silently feeling as if I am worthless in their site. But is this wrong? They have a history of doing this to get their way and expecting there to be no consequences, and every one to just act fine because no one in my family likes confrontation. This family member uses the confrontation and bully attitude to get their way and we have all just let them. This has gone on for YEARS. So, as a sign of forgiveness, should I just bury it and forget about it (I can do that), or should I withdraw from the situation and hold them accountable for their actions? Would that be unforgiveness? Just needing some understanding here. Thanks!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fine line??

Post by dreamster on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:33 pm

no fine line required, you need to establish a clear line /boundry that they cant cross if ther  to be in relationship wiv you, :hairraising: ,,forgivness doesnt make you a door mat for them to walk over you, express your hurt feelings clearly to them, stop them gettg control over you, yes ther a bully, arguing ,,time yall got togetha and end this situation, i would only extend forgivness wen they apologise and offer some form of recompence/restitution, ur all being taken advantage of, :duh:if you bury it, it becomes compost in ur life, :hairraising: ,,so make this person accountable for ther actions, i would put some space between you and them as this is clearly a unhealthy situation, you need to take care of urself, and your family, hee hee

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top