Expiration Date

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expiration Date

Post by wiselisa58 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:27 am

In my dream I was looking at a can of salmon to see when it expired. I saw the exact date of 08/26/14. I was asking my mother did she think that it was still okay to eat since it had expired. Any thoughts on expiration dates.

wiselisa58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expiration Date

Post by mebaby333 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:00 pm

What is going on in your life currently? Do you have obstacles you have been rising above for a time that possibly did not occur when you believed they would?

mebaby333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mebaby333 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:01 pm

Or did an significant event occur on 8/26 ?

mebaby333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wiselisa58 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:47 pm

Yes, I've been waiting for God for sometime to bring a promise to pass that he gave me for a RN job. So, recently the I applied to a RN intensive program in August andI thought that this was it and I was going to receive my RN job through it. I was going to be starting in October, but I wasn't accepted in the program. This is something I've been going through for sometime. I'm just trying to start my career.

wiselisa58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mebaby333 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:04 pm

If I may take a moment to encourage your heart...
First the dream seems to be revealing how you feel about something... salmon's tend to be known for their challenging life. They go against the grain swimming upstream yet they somehow always make it upstream. Your dream seems to show a fear that resides within that this moment questioning whether or not your dream you have been aspiring toward has "expired" with this final event in august and your looking for a place of direction or reassurance of your dream and promise to come to pass.
Was there an ending to your dream or was that all of the dream?

Second... if He promised it to you then you will have what He has said. Don't watch the waves or look at the supposed "expiration" date... He is not a man that He would lie and He won't take it back

May I ask what the promise He gave was?

mebaby333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wiselisa58 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:13 pm

Thank you for your encouraging words. That was all of the dream. He gave me a promise that I would be working in the NICU as a Registered Nurse. I've been having dreams to support this promise for the last 3 years. It just seems no matter how hard I try the door just want open.

wiselisa58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mebaby333 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Many times our promises put off a "death" just before they grow into something grand... this came up in me as I read your posts...

John 12:24 NLT
I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels--a plentiful harvest of new lives.

and

1 Cor 15:36 NLT
What a foolish question! When you put a seed into the ground, it doesn't grow into a plant unless it dies first.

Just when it seems dead... It lives at a whole new level... because it becomes His not by our work but by His grace... after we have exhausted all our "works" to achieve the promise and we feel its gone... ha ha then He can do what He does best and bring life to it ;) He has not forgotten you....

mebaby333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:10 pm

Hello Wiselisa!

I wanted to add to what has been said here.  Could the expiration date represent the end of the season you were in?  You stated that you have been waiting for this promise to manifest and it hasn't yet, but could God be giving you a date when your season is ending?

Just to further encourage you, I had some issues with school as well.  I could get in, but there was always something that happened where I needed to stop. This last time, the school tacked on a balance of $3200 to my student account that needed to be paid if I was going to continue.  The problem was, they could not explain to me why I owed the money.  So I stopped going to school and became frustrated because it seems as though I get in a flow and then something happens.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I'm sitting at work and a weird number was calling me.  I let it go to my voicemail, but they didn't leave a message.   I kept thinking about that number so the next day I called it and guess what?  It was my school.  They were calling me to let me know that they found a scholarship that would cover the balance on my account.  When I asked how much I owed, they told me $1100...with no explanation of what happened to the other $2100.  So now, I am going back to school, but it wasn't anything that I worked out, God did it...and he shaved off the excess amount because the scholarship is up to $1500.  It would not have covered the whole $3200 if he did not cancel the excess debt...ONLY GOD!

I said all of that to say this...God's word is true, but we MUST wait on his timing.  He has a strategic plan for our lives.  We don't always understand it, but it's true.  I always think about Abraham and Sarah...they were promised a son.  God could have easily gave it to them right away, but Isaac had to be born at the right time for HIS purpose.  Even though Abe and Sarah went through their struggles of faith, God came through for them based on HIS PROMISE to them.

You have a promise and I guarantee you that it will come to pass.  It will be at the right school and the right time.  Sometimes our wait time has NOTHING to do with us, but someone else.  Maybe there is a particular individual that God needs for you to impact or for them to impact you.  Just trust him...he will come get you when He's ready.

Blessings...

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:52 am

Be very careful taking so much from such a simple dream. I would not feel comfortable whatsoever applying the expiration date from a can of salmon to my life without a clear interpretation from the Holy Spirit and then it better come to pass exactly like it was given to me.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top