Knocking On A Door Repeatedly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Knocking On A Door Repeatedly

Post by wiselisa58 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:28 am

In my dream my mother dropped me off at home.  Then she left and went somewhere.  I didn’t have my key to get into the house, so I had to knock on the door so my father would open the door for me.  In my dream I was banging and banging on the door. I would call out his name and I knew he was in the house.  I was trying all kinds of ways of knocking to get him to come to the door.   I would pick up the phone like I was going to call the house phone to tell him to open the door, but I wouldn’t follow through with the phone call. I felt as if I wasn't knocking loud enough, so he couldn't hear me. So, I would try a little harder. At one point and I was looking up the street and I saw someone walking down the street. To myself I was saying I hope they don't bother me or don't try to steal my stuff as I was waiting for the door to be opened. Then I returned back to knocking on the door. After knocking I tried standing in front of the window, so he would see me. To myself I was saying he wasn't going to open the door since he didn't see the car parked outside. That is why I was trying to stand in front of the window. Finally, I stopped knocking and I was looking at my phone. This is when the door opened and I didn’t even realize it at first.  I just happen to turn around and saw it had been opened.  Then I entered into the house.

wiselisa58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Knocking On A Door Repeatedly

Post by Habakkuk on Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:01 pm

5 Then Jesus said to them, “Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread; 6 a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have no food to offer him.’ 7 And suppose the one inside answers, ‘Don’t bother me. The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can’t get up and give you anything.’ 8 I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity[e] he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.
9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Luke 11: 4-10

Frankly, I'm not sure what your dream is about exactly, but the "knocking" part seems like a call for persistence. Maybe it is even the kind of persistence that gets on other people's nerves, but I am not sure about THAT.

Habakkuk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top