Dream of Wearing a Robe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream of Wearing a Robe

Post by blackcheri on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:42 pm

I had a dream I was with an associate Pastor @ my church and a couple of other women from the church. And I was looking for this brochure. It was like all of them were getting some work done but I was undecided as to what I wanted to do. Finally someone hands me a menu but it 3 gazillion folds long. I'm looking at the front and back of the menu. Then I see in a room to my left, 3 (black) men out of the corner of my eye just sitting there. One of them was dressed up. So the place clears out and it's just me and some one else but i don't know who. The person puts this GORGEOUS long red (ruby/scarlet) robe on me. It was red but the fabric was one of those fancy/expensive, detailed fabrics and had a royal blue sash along the back of the robe. They adjust that part of the robe. Then I go outside. It's dark out and I see 4 people from the church -all associate pastors but also married couples. They're in the street and I am on the sidewalk.
I start admiring my rob but then I look up and realize they were dressed up as well (not in robes but regular dress clothing). I go back to admiring my robe then I try to close it and thought to myself I can't close it because it seemed small. I tried anyway and it closed. When I closed it, the designer of the robe appeared in front of me. This tall, African man. I remember having socks on my feet. He tried to take my socks off to do something to my feet but before he could, I run back in the place where I was before but now I go into the room. I take the robe off and hang it up on the wall in the room. I remember telling him about the details I noticed in the robe. The dream ended as he was telling that he cut the robe to fit and the thought he put into it.

blackcheri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream of Wearing a Robe

Post by Shan on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Hi blackcheri,

I'm wondering, do you feel inferior to the people you were with (associate pastors) in your dream? Like you don't measure up somehow or feel they are more gifted/anointed? When I read your dream a second time, what stood out to me was the part that took place on the sidewalk.  You mentioned that the other people were in nice clothing, but YOU were in a fine robe! I also thought, all the action takes place on the street most of the time, and I was wondering if your being on the sidewalk was like being on the sidelines. If this is how you feel, my impression is that God is showing you how HE sees you. Red is wisdom and anointing and the blue sash you said was royal (royalty.)

The African man may represent God or an angel. Who else would know your exact size, pay attention to detail and put thought into it?

If this does not fit, please feel free to toss it!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcheri on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:55 am

Hi Shan-

Thank you!

scratching chin  In response to your ?'s:
I did not nor do I feel inferior to the associate pastors in real life or in the dream. I serve in ministry as well and prefer to be in the background. When it comes to my gifts not measuring up, that has never been an issue for me because God has used me to powerfully in so many lives that comparing my gift to others and feeling inferior would be quite foolish on my part. I attend a church of power houses and I don't think the Lord would plant me there if I wasn't counted among them. I am very close to many of the leaders in the church although I don't do what they do in the capacity in which they do it (if that makes sense). I am particularly close 2 of the associate pastors (one of the married couples in the dream).

I do agree that God is showing me how He sees me and that the man was representative of God/angel, especially because of his stature.

blackcheri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Ok. I didn't mean to indicate that your gifts were inferior as there is no inferiority in Christ. Maybe this just means you are set apart for ministry! Awesome dream though.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcheri on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:36 pm

I didn't take it like you were implying that at all. Only time will tell. I know there is so much symbolism in the dream. I'm just trying to put it all together to tell the story. :)

blackcheri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:27 pm

thumbs 

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:30 pm

Sponsored content