Journey/Steve Perry Song

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Journey/Steve Perry Song

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:28 pm

I was watching two men on a stage. They were both members of the 80's band, Journey. One was the lead singer, Steve Perry. The other was the lead guitarist, Neal Schon. Now, Steve Perry hasn't been with the band since the 90's. There was a bitter breakup when Steve and the band separated.

Steve Perry has also been called "The Voice" since he has (arguably) one of the best voices in recorded music history.

Well, the two men were on stage, and a song was just about to start. When I heard the first notes, I thought to myself, "I wonder if that song is _____?" I didn't know the name in real life, but I expected to know the first few words. The song is called "Missing You," and it's actually not a Journey song. Steve Perry recorded it after he had left Journey, so it's totally his own song.

In the dream, I anticipated what the song was going to be from the first few notes. The words were coming just a second later, and I had another thought before they were sung: I knew that the two men on stage didn't like each other, so I wondered what would happen next. Just before it happened, I wondered if the guitarist would hold the microphone for the singer - and, sure enough, he did. I was both surprised and relieved to see this. I thought that they were both professionals and were able to control their animosity for each other while they did this song.

Only the first two words of the song were sung before I woke up.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Journey/Steve Perry Song

Post by Shan on Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:42 pm

When I've dreamed about Journey, I always focus on the word, "journey," and how, if anything, could it apply to my life? Could the words "missing you" apply to anything in your life? If those are the only two words you remember, I think it's significant.

Or maybe it is a literal dream about Steve Perry and the band. That would be great, cuz I love Journey!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:58 am

Shan wrote:Or maybe it is a literal dream about Steve Perry and the band. That would be great, cuz I love Journey!

That would be something! I'm a Journey/Steve Perry fan as well. I saw a video the other day where he sang publicly for the first time in about 20 years!

I've been a bit "away" from God up until recently, and then I had the dream. I can see it fitting there.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:02 am

Okay, this may sound way off, so please toss it it doesn't fit. But I have read through your dream more than once and I just keep getting the same thing;
Did something happen in your life about the same time as the conflict within the band, Journey? A conflict in your own life? Is God saying, just as he was mending the relationship of the band in the dream that he is going to mend something in your own life? Is there someone from your past that God is trying to reconnect you with? Maybe someone you shared a love for the band Journey with? Again, if this is way off, please toss! :)

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:56 am

exo152 wrote:Okay, this may sound way off, so please toss it it doesn't fit. But I have read through your dream more than once and I just keep getting the same thing;
Did something happen in your life about the same time as the conflict within the band, Journey? A conflict in your own life? Is God saying, just as he was mending the relationship of the band in the dream that he is going to mend something in your own life? Is there someone from your past that God is trying to reconnect you with? Maybe someone you shared a love for the band Journey with? Again, if this is way off, please toss! :)

Hmmmm...that's good insight no matter if it fits or not. I'm eagerly waiting for the reply  Daph\\'s Dreams 

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:26 am

Actually, the one person that always comes to mind when thinking about that band is my sister...who is a bigger fan that I am. If I hear one of their songs, I think of her. The thing is, she and I have zero problems in our relationship. Good thinking, though!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top