What am I dealing with here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What am I dealing with here?

Post by mico on Mon May 19, 2014 7:23 am

Dream.

I was at a work related hotel of some sort.  I had to get in my car to go somewhere but when I opened my car door, I saw my car had flooded.  Water inside.  I got in it and started to move things and discovered some woman in the back seat. She feels to me like she works in a different area but the same organisation that I work in.

I jump and ask her what she's doing there and she says she's sleeping.  I think I asked her to get out because she wasn't supposed to be there.

Then I'm standing outside of my car and a strange guy walks up to me.  He's suave and smoothly aggressive.  He says something to me and I want to punch him. I'm moving my fist towards him as if to measure the distance between my fist and his face. I feel like I don't have the strength to land a good punch.  I move my hand back and forth a few times to check.

He says to me ... Because of my wanting to punch him ... that I don't have Jesus in my heart. He puts his hands on his heart. He's taunting me.   I say 'yes I DO have Jesus in my heart' and he seems surprised that I stood up to him.  On analysing the dream, I feel he possibly represents a spirit type or a psychological issue that I'm dealing with (narcissist).

mico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What am I dealing with here?

Post by Shan on Mon May 19, 2014 10:21 pm

Here is what I believe your dream means, but pray to see if it is a fit.

I think the flooding of your car and the woman in the back have to do with the enemy wanting to slow your progress from getting to your destination or destiny. It may have to do with work or it may not.

I think Satan wants you to believe that you are a narcissist. That's where he thinks your weakness is and he is taunting you with it. Have you been diagnosed with Narcissism or are people telling you that? I'm not asking you to answer that here, just answer that yourself. I say this because if you recognized that this man does not have good intentions  (meaning you have discernment) and that his intent is to taunt you by saying that you don't have Jesus in your heart and you stood up to him claiming that you do, how is that narcissistic? You may have certain selfish qualities, maybe on a grander scale than some (I don't really know here, of course), but we all have selfish qualities. I have worked with true narcissists before (I work in mental health) and I have never seen any of them admit to having Jesus in their hearts. Most would think that they don't need anyone to be their Savior. I think you wanting to hit this man may be an indication that you want to "knock out" that lie.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mico on Tue May 20, 2014 2:41 am

Hi Shan. Thanks for responding.

The scenario is that I've been dealing with a narcissist at work. They've been telling lies about me to our manager. I've tried a couple of methods to deal with them.

I'm not typically confrontational but will be that if I need to be. Which I guess is what the punching represents. Confronting issues head on. But people don't like it when you confront their bad behaviour front on, so they try to make you feel like you're the problem, not them.

The dream is probably just about me feeling uncomfortable about it all.

mico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Tue May 20, 2014 10:31 am

Oh. Oops, I guess I misunderstood or misread the dream. Sorry.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mico on Tue May 20, 2014 2:19 pm

No problem at all. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

mico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:25 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top