Dream or vision??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream or vision??

Post by exo152 on Mon May 19, 2014 5:17 am

I had a dream the other night. At least I think it was a dream. Here goes;
I was walking toward a tall building with a group of people. They were family, I knew this in the dream, but no face stood out, possibly because they were not the focus of the dream. We were to meet at this building and some important information was to be given to us there. We were next entering a hospital room and I at once took charge, directing the kids and teens to back away near the wall to be out of the way, to which they all obeyed. There was a large, double-sized hospital bed in the room and two of my elderly relatives (husband and wife) lay on this bed. I knew in the dream that the husband was not ill, but lying beside his wife as a source of help and comfort. Several times he would reach out to pat her or comfort her and she would scream, "don't touch me!", as if she couldn't bear to be touched. She then appealed to me that she was "so cold". I wrapped her in a quilt, tucking her in and completely covering her head to toe. While doing this the doctor walked in and I knew he was the one we were waiting on and it was his diagnosis of our relative that was the information we had come to hear. As I was still tucking in the quilt I heard him say the words, "decayed from the inside out" and "rotting" and I knew he meant my relative was beyond medical help. As I heard the words "decayed" and "rotting" I had a flash of vision within the dream of bones eaten up and dying.
That was the dream. When I dream I most often have glimpses of things that will soon come to pass. I find myself in the middle of it and realize it is my dream by the emotions I am feeling that mirror those from my dream. I have already had a vision, about a year ago of this same relative in a casket, and also of standing beside her grave. So my question is this, is this a dream or actually a vision? I knew from the time I awoke the meaning, but any insight anyone has to add to it would be most appreciated! Thank you!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream or vision??

Post by Shan on Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 pm

I tend to think that a vision tends to be more literal, although I know the book of Revelation is highly symbolic. My question is this, "Does it really matter whether or not it was a dream or vision?" I don't mean this rudely at all. It seems that God has given you a prophetic revelation regarding your relative, especially since this happens often to you.

However, here are some scriptures that may help define a vision: I Chron. 21:9; 2 Chron. 9:29; Acts 7:31, 55-56, 9:3-10, 12; Dan. 10:7; Gen. 46:2; Numbers 12:6 and Job 4:13.

Hope this helps!

Shannon

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Tue May 20, 2014 7:49 am

Thank you Shannon! You are probably right. I guess I always think of dreams as being subject to change with intercession and visions as being set and unchangeable. :)

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Tue May 20, 2014 10:29 am

Oh, I see! You are probably right.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:24 am

Sponsored content