This dream--the enemy is really using it to give me fear. Please help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This dream--the enemy is really using it to give me fear. Please help.

Post by momof5 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi, this is my first time posting.
I had a dream about 2 weeks ago. I do not remember any of the dream except one part, and even it's a bit fuzzy. It stands out to me though because in my dream I was told directly that I was going to die the day after my birthday (the exact date was said but not a year). For some reason in my dream I was nearly positive that it was God speaking to me, but since it's kind of fuzzy, I can't be sure of that. There was more to the dream (before and after that part) but I do not remember anything else. The words from whoever this was (God or whoever) were very direct saying, "You are going to die on...(the date after my b-day)."

I didn't really get to me until a few days later and then I started to get somewhat fearful. I know fear is not from God and I've prayed through it, and have had peace and several days of not even thinking about it. I specifically prayed that if this dream meant nothing and defintely not what it actually said, then to give me peace and that I wouldn't have any further dreams or anything at all to bring confirmation or any connection with it. And so far I have had that peace and haven't had any confirmation whatsoever.

I will say that sometime that same week (could have been that same day, I can't remember), I received a bill from my Pediatricians's office and when I saw the date of our visit, it was the day BEFORE my birthday. I remembered why we were there at that point because that's the day my son fell and bit through his tongue and we had to go to the hospital. It was a very traumatic time. So, I was thinking maybe it might have to do with that since it really ruined my birthday.

Also, I'm 7 months pregnant so a little more emotional and hormonal as usual. But God does give me dreams, but I don't get them much anymore. I've never had anything so direct. Just today I started to think about it again (a lady in my town was murdered this week and it got me thinking about things again) and the enemy is really trying to put fear in me over this. I keep resisting and keep praying though.

Any insight to this dream would be much appreciated.

Thank You.

momof5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This dream--the enemy is really using it to give me fear. Please help.

Post by HisLightbeam on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:25 pm

You poor dear! God doesn't give us the spirit of fear, you are right. He gives us power and joy and love. I don't believe that the dream was sent from God, but rather a message that Satan was trying to influence upon you. You were stating that the dream was fuzzy and not rememberable. God is very clear about His messages and His confirmation. Out of the mouth of one it is established, and out of the mouth of two, it is confirmed. First of all, if you are a Christian, you don't die anyway, because Jesus has taken captivity (death) captive. So that is nothing to fear anyway. To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ. Secondly, God is a God of decency and order. What you are describing as part of your dream was confusing. However, I would like to say this, please pray for protection. Sometimes we get a dream as a warning to protect us and to have us pray for protection, wisdom, and guidance from the Lord. I want to say this also, a spirit has a personality, just like you and I. Spirits cannot overthrow the power of Jesus' name. At the mention of His name, every Knee must bow. Remember to plead the blood of Jesus over yourself and your home. Anoint your home with blessed oil. God is with you. Don't be afraid, beloved...Cast that spirit out of your presence In the name of Jesus. God is with you. Joshua 1:8,9. Remember, there is power in agreement. We agree with you right now that no weapon formed against you shall prosper. We agree that every counsel of the enemy is thrown into confusion, and that his plans to destroy you, kill you, and steal from you and those you cover (because of your salvation in the household) are cancelled in the name of Jesus. We pray a Spirit of Peace stay over you. We pray for direction and guidance through the Holy Spirit from you. We pray that God place a hedge between you and every unclean spirit. We pray that God will place his warring angels to surround you and protect you wherever you go, in Jesus name, AMEN.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:06 pm

OHHHHHHH Yeahhhhh I agree!

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by momof5 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:01 pm

Thank you both so much. I have prayed almost all of those things you mentioned over myself and my family. I also keep speaking that "I shall live and not die and declare the works of the Lord." I did counsel with a friend from church who is a prophetess and she basically said the same thing you just said. Praise God for that. I think I can finally put this to rest and have peace. I'll keep praying for protection of course.

I do think a spirit of fear is invading our home because my 13 year daughter is struggling with fear as well. She doesn't like for us to go out alone (she insisted on going to the doctor with me the other day and was in tears over it). She calls us on our cell phones constantly to make sure we're "okay". She worries about the other children in the house too. She paces the floor and starts praying if her dad isn't home from work at the time she thinks he should be walking in the door, and of course she calls his cell phone to see where he is. If he doesn't answer, she starts freaking out. We've been very patient with this. She's always been a worrier as far back as I can remember (even as a toddler), but there are seasons she goes through where it's worse than others, and we're currently in one. She's also had some bad dreams, which I think are a byproduct of her fears.

The one thing we haven't done in probably 3 years is go through the house, pray, and anoint with oil. It's clearly time to do that again. Thanks for that reminder.

God bless you and thank you so much.

momof5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:38 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top