Dreams of death??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dreams of death??

Post by exo152 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:11 pm

My husband and I both dreamed last night that someone died. My husband dreamed my 45 year old cousin had died unexpectedly and my husband was asked to preach the funeral. But they asked him just as we arrived at the funeral and he was scrambling to put the sermon together. While he was he said people were having a hard time trying to locate my cousin's parents.
In my dream several of my family members had gathered at the cemetery. We were having a good time and an elderly cousin was sitting in a folding chair, entertaining us with stories. But he was very frail, not like in real life, almost like he had been very ill. As we all started leaving he stumbled and died right there.
Any ideas? We dreamed these the same night and both had dreams of the death of one of my cousins? Thanks!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dreams of death??

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:29 am

Oddly enough, I also had a dream where my cousin was involved last night...

Dreams of death can be about literal death. They can also be about something coming to an end. I've had a dream where I was flat out told within the dream that someone died. In real life, the person that died within the dream was not the one that died in real life - but the timing of the news of a death was immediately that morning. The person that died in real life was a neighbor that I was not close to. In the dream, I was told it was my father.

For your husband's dream, it could very well be about speaking at a literal funeral. I'm not so certain that it'd be for your cousin, though. I think that his real-life manifestation for the dream would be more about the short notice and a feeling of scrambling to get a message together.

For your dream...how did you feel? The dream took place at a cemetery, so it could be about a place where death is prevalent or expected - say, a nursing home. I think that the elderly cousin in your dream is symbolic for someone else. Do you have any get-together's planned in the near future? Maybe a "relative in the Lord?" I do think that it could be about that person passing shortly after said get-together.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:43 am

The cousin from my dream and I share a common hobby--we are both genealogists. The meeting in the cemetery was about that in the dream. And we work together in real life getting a family history program together for the annual family reunion which is always held in June.
As for how I felt in the dream? It felt very real. Very normal. But I was surprised at how frail my cousin appeared. He is in his late 70s, yet very strong and vibrant in real life. In the dream it was clear he had been through a traumatic illness and everyone was surprised he had made it to the meeting. He spent the time we were there, sitting in a folding chair and telling old family stories. But as we were leaving, he stumbled and died right there.
Now I am wondering if this dream refers to him passing the baton of heading up the family history meetings? Thank you Mark!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top