Hidden Alligator

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hidden Alligator

Post by writer4him on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:00 am

Maybe someone can help with this one:

I was walking a path that wound through a wooded area and required one to cross a low bridge with a creek beneath. It was an older bridge that curved to form a kind of tunnel underneath. There were a lot of lush, aquatic plants there but although the creek wasn't stagnant and did not seem to be polluted, there were no signs of life. There were no fish, minnows, frogs...etc. I noticed this each time I passed but never had time to give it a closer examination--I always seemed to be in a hurry guiding a group of people. One day I was alone and decided to walk down the embankment to take a closer look at the water. I heard a rustle behind me and turned to see a 6-7 foot gator rushing from underneath the bridge. I scrambled up the embankment just in time to see the creature backing up until only the snout was visible.

The next day, I walked with a group of small children and I was warning them ahead of time about my experience with the gator. We reached the creek and saw a little boy riding a tricycle along the bank towards the bridge. We all started yelling and waving but he just kept pedaling until his front tire was in about 3-4 inches of water. I told the kids to stay put and ran down the embankment. I snatched him up with one hand and grabbed the trike with the other. The gator remained unseen, prompting some doubtful comments from the kids. I pulled a length of rope out of my pocket that had a piece of metal tied to one end. I proceeded to lower this piece of metal down to the ground near the bridge and suddenly the gator lunged for it. I pulled it up just in time and put it back in my pocket.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Alligator

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Hello, Writer4Him -

Where have you felt the need to prove that a threat exists that you've experienced, personally? Who are the doubters that are looking for proof that what you've experienced is true?

Could the alligator be a person who doesn't always show a threatening aspect of their personality that you've already seen?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:59 am

From childhood, I have sometimes found it difficult to not forgive and then allow persons within close proximity who have hurt me deeply. I was raised in a religious cult so no close family ties--you want to be part of something or someone or you wind up alone is the mentality that such environment breeds. I think my adult self was seeing the truth about a situation and warning my child-like side. The change in the gator's behavior made them question my story's validity. I knew it was true but now I wonder why I was still taking the same path through the woods? Something to pray about...

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:48 pm

Just a comment, not meant as any interpretation, sometimes the child in us will not see the truth for what it was, as it is open to its own interpretation without understanding the whole picture yet and also is more open to manipulation from those around, in the end believing that what happen was their fault or it couldn't be helped or whatever the belief in the child's mind is. Maybe the child within has to be acknowledged and allowed to see the truth for what it was in order to get ride of the alligator? Just thinking out loud.

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:12 pm

Something to think about...thanks for the feedback.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:44 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top