My daughter's AMAZING dream!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My daughter's AMAZING dream!

Post by exo152 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:57 am

My daughter awoke this morning excited to tell me this amazing dream. In it she said she was with a group of young people. The only ones she recognized was her brother and a girl we used to attend church with that she was friends. They were in the jungle and had brought things to camp. The only adult was the leader and they had some pets with them. She said the wind picked up and her brother was more concerned about losing his things. By this time they realized it was a storm and the wind was strong enough to be blowing houses down. Then they saw a tornado coming through the trees, but there was no place to take shelter. Everything around them was getting destroyed. My daughter saw a huge rock, with a small space to take refuge in, almost like a small, three sided cave. She ran to it and called to the others. Some of the young people, including her brother and friend, ran to take shelter with her. But the leader yelled at her that it wasn't safe and she needed to leave it. She said they stayed put, knowing they would be safe there. But some of the kids couldn't make up their minds and kept going back and forth. Once the tornado tore off the rock and then it bounced back down and they were still safe. A girl cried out, "this is impossible! We are all going to be killed!". My daughter replied, "No, nothing is impossible with God! Let's praise Him!" So the kids all began singing praises and the onslaught began to stop. Soon the storm was over and everyone who had not taken refuge under the rock was dead, except for the leader. The leader was covered with wounds and had lost the pets. My daughter said they seemed more concerned over the missing pets than the dead young people who hadn't taken refuge under the rock. But the kids who had taken refuge were not hurt at all.
When she awoke she told me she knew this was a spiritual dream, she wrote it down and has been meditating on it all day. Any ideas for her? Thank you!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My daughter's AMAZING dream!

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Hello, Exo -

I saw the tornado as a threat that tests people's faith. The rock-shelter is Jesus, which is why your daughter was safe.

Her brother may be symbolic for someone else - maybe a brother in the Lord. Does anyone come to her mind that may be represented by someone who's concerned about earthly possessions or achievements?

The "teacher" seems like an unbelieving person in authority.

A thought on the "pets" - perhaps those who are fully submitted to this leader? The person's "followers." I saw the pets as people who rely on this person to lead them without thinking for themselves.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:15 pm

Thanks for responding! After reading your reply it got me thinking. I believe this whole "scene" represents a mid-week church program my daughter attends with some friends. It is hosted by a church that is not of our denomination and they seem almost superficial in their beliefs. Some of the statements made by the lady in charge have stunned me at times (kind of like, are you serious?) . And the pets aka "followers" really rings a bell with how these children follow her (she is very likable and isn't a bad person).  The other little girl in the dream also attends sometimes, and the "brother" is most likely my son, who has literally quit attending this program because he would rather stay home and play with the things she dreamed he was concerned about. And one of my daughter's concerns about her friends and the other kids who attend this program is that they seem to have such a superficial relationship with God. The program is much more social than spiritual.
Now it concerns me about what this storm refers to, but I know from the dream that she came through it safely. However, in the dream, all the kids who refused the shelter did not survive.
Thank you so much, Mark!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:52 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top