A Teacher's House

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Teacher's House

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:13 am

I was standing outside of a house that I knew was located on the busiest street in my city. I looked at the house and saw that it was small and a little dated. I paid close attention to the roof. Somehow, I could tell that wood or even coal may be used to heat it. I knew this from looking at a chimney. Because of that, I didn't seem to approve of it at first. Then, just as I thought about how I wouldn't go for it, I saw the state of the roof change. That chimney was gone, and I saw a shorter, smaller chimney in a different location on the roof. This told me that the house was now heated by a different, updated fuel source. Now it seemed to be alright with me. I also noted that there was a section of roof that seemed to be permanently "fixed" with what looked like a really heavy-duty tarp. It may have covered about half of the roof, split right down the middle. I don't know what I thought about this, but I didn't necessarily disapprove.

Now I'm inside the house. With me are my sister and her daughter. The owner of the house was also there - a woman who was older than us, but not old enough to be our mother, like at an in-between age, we'll say. She was a teacher, and that was how my sister and niece knew her. I'm not completely sure of why we were there, but it felt like I was supposed to be checking out this house...like, maybe for my own purchasing. Just as I thought from the outside, the inside was small...but, I felt that the size would've been perfect for me. I thought about what it was that I would actually need vs. the size of my real house, and I acknowledged that a smaller house would have had many advantages that I would have appreciated now that I understood what those advantages were.

My sister and niece left for a moment, and while they were gone I saw some pictures hanging on the wall. There were three of them, each of a different - but similar - girl that I knew to be the teacher's three daughters. They were probably my niece's age if not a bit younger. While they were young, I felt like they may be living out on their own...

My sister and niece eventually returned, and we left the house.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top