Laundry Basket of clothes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Laundry Basket of clothes

Post by Cholette on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:28 am

I'm not so stuck on symbols, but I wanted to know what a laundry basket of clothes and a purse on top would mean if I brought it back from a hospital and brought it inside of a church?

It's significant because I was on my way to the church and I had to leave because I forgot something at the hospital and came back with the laundry basket with the purse. When I walked into the church I asked the usher where could I store the basket and he showed me a place, like a corner against he wall.

I actually had this dream a long time, but I was reminded of it last night because I believe I'm in the season this dream is referring to.

Thank you!!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Laundry Basket of clothes

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:34 am

A few questions on the symbols:

Within the dream, was this just "A" church or was it "Your" church?
Do you know why you had been at the hospital?
Were the clothes and purse for you or someone else?

These questions are so that I understand if the symbols apply to you or to someone/something else.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:56 am

The dream was "A" church. I was with someone else...we both were released from the hospital after being in the emergency room for a while. When we came out into the parking lot we were rejoicing and then decided we wanted to go to church. There was a church a cross the street from where we were standing and we heard the music coming from there. We walked over and that's when I told them to go find seats and I would be right back because I left my purse at the hospital.

It wasn't clear as to why I/we were in the hospital and the clothes/purse seemed to be mine.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:11 am

What stands out to me is the contrast between a hospital and a church. Both can represent the same thing in dreams - places of healing. I wonder, though, if the hospital is meant to simply be about being in a place of healing in your life, and then the church is more about your expression of worship following that healing.

The basket of clothes... Clothes can represent a role/function we "wear." However, my thoughts are more along the lines of clothes being about how we're seen by others. They aren't who we are, but they do show others some things about us. Since you had to go back to the hospital to get the clothes, maybe they're more along the lines of Experiences during the healing process that you bring with you for others to see.

I saw the purse as more of a symbol of identity.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:34 am

Ahhh...yes, I thought about identity for the purse because that was the reason why I left in the first place. The fact that I went back to the hospital to get my purse seems like there is a healing in my identity...or an awareness (?)

I like what you said about the clothes being how others see us. With them being in a laundry basket seems like being cleaned or refreshed. My identity and how others see me are being refreshed (?) Hmmmm...I like this!

The other part of the dream was me trying to get to the person I was with. They were sitting on the other side of the sanctuary and when I tried to get to them the aisle turned very steep. The usher disappeared and I was trying to climb this steep aisle to get to the top to cross over to the other side. I believe I cut through the row of chairs and made my way there. It seemed to take me forever to get there, but I finally did.

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:54 am

Cholette wrote:The other part of the dream was me trying to get to the person I was with.  They were sitting on the other side of the sanctuary and when I tried to get to them the aisle turned very steep.  The usher disappeared and I was trying to climb this steep aisle to get to the top to cross over to the other side.  I believe I cut through the row of chairs and made my way there. It seemed to take me forever to get there, but I finally did.

Is the other person someone that's a part of your waking life right now? Have you or are you going through a similar healing process?

I'm torn on if this portion of the dream is symbolic or not. If it is symbolic, then it could be about a difficulty in connecting with that person after the healing.

If it's literal...well, I just thought that it could be a scene from a literal event that you attend where you aren't seated together initially, so it may be difficult to reach them...but you eventually do so.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:42 am

No, this person is not a part of my waking life, but I am going through a healing a healing process right now. I believe the part of the church is symbolic of the difficulty to connect BACK WITH this person, who I believe has gone through or is currently going through the same healing process.

Thank you! You have helped me clear this up!  happy dance 

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:10 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top