Study on FAITH

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Study on FAITH

Post by Sirianta on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:21 am

Hey guys

I'm doing a study on faith and here is just a few scriptures of faith.  The two scriptures that interest me the most is Matthew 21:19 and Luke 17:6.  What is the meaning or interpretation of these verses?  They seem pretty straight forward to me.  If it isn't possible for us to do these things, why would JESUS have mentioned it.  Surely He wasn't speaking in riddles.  What He said was to the point.  So if this is to the point and if the meaning of what Jesus said was literal (which I believe) then it means that none of us have the faith we should have!!  what   That God can give us so much more if we just have enough faith in HIM.

I think that sometimes we don't get what we ask of the Lord simply because we feel "I'm not worthy".  Or "who am I that God would ever do this for me".  Doubt creeps in and takes over our faith.  I will take an example.  Say you have loads of debt and you want God to help you clear the debt.  You ask God to help you, but then you start thinking "it is my own fault that I'm in this situation.  I feel so guilty.  So God will never help me.  I have to get out of this situation by myself, because I got myself into this mess"  At that moment we don't trust God!  I don't think we realise the power God has and that He really wants to help us.  We just need to put our faith in HIM.

Matthew 21:19 And seeing a fig tree by the side of the road, he went to it and found nothing at all on it but leaves. Then he said to it, "May no fruit ever come from you again!" And the fig tree withered at once. 21:20 When the disciples saw it, they were amazed, saying, "How did the fig tree wither at once?" 21:21 Jesus answered them, "Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only will you do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' it will be done. 21:22 Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive."

Matthew 17:20  He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. "

Hebrews 11:1  Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

1 Corinthians 2:5  so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

1 Corinthians 13:2  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

Luke 17:6  He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.

Love in Christ

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Study on FAITH

Post by Shan on Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:53 pm

thumbs 

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top