Working with kids, cutting their hair.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Working with kids, cutting their hair.

Post by Daisy on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:35 pm

I had a dream that I was working in a daycare of sorts. I felt great about working here. This cute 4/5 year old boy needed a haircut. He had dark brown hair. He kept wiggling around and getting distracted, so I had to keep cutting his hair in spurts, or split up sessions. He would get up to play or go to the bathroom, etc, and i would have to keep stopping and continuing again later. Near the end of the dream, I ended up finishing.

Last scene, was of a teenage boy, who also needed a hair cut. It was very long, like a burnout would have his back in my high school days. I was able to cut his hair. i felt like I knew what I was doing for sure. He wanted me to leave a section in the back that was kind of like a tail of sorts, a little longer than the rest. After the last section of hair I cut, his hair was sticking to my hand, like it was magnetized or something like that. I would try and brush off the hair, and the min I let go of it, it returned to the place it was before (on my thumb and my forefinger, and middle finger). I wasn't hair growing out of my hand, but it was his hair that I cut, that would keep magnetically staying on my fingers, that I was using to cut his hair (like a hairdresser does, pulling the hair out to the edge of my fingers, using it as a ruler)

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Working with kids, cutting their hair.

Post by Shan on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:01 pm

Do you think the teenage boy was the little boy grown up?

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:58 am

In the dream I didn't feel that, but that doesnt mean its not the case. Let me share with you the revelation I got on the first part, and see if you have a fit for the second part.

Ok, so IRL I have been having an extremely hard time with my daughter with homework time.  She has been struggling, and the last two weeks she has been taking her struggles out on me while trying to help her.  I know that I may be able to try some different approaches possibly, and at times I can try and push her a little harder to get finished.  She always wants to quit.  Last week, things escalated a bit.  She broke her pencil (which happens regularly) but this time she threw it in my face!  Same thing with her actual assignment.  She crumpled the whole thing up and threw them in my face!!  A couple days ago, she just decided to instead, poke me in the arm with her pencil when she was frusterated!  Of course all these moments, I had to walk away and keep my cool!!!  So anyways, I think the first part of the dream has to do with my approach.  In order for her to GET long division, we had to keep taking breaks!  We would keep coming back to the problem after having several breaks!!  Just like the dream!  Her focus, and her temperment could only handle working this hard scenerio in 'spurts', but it finally CLICKED, and she could complete the problem on her own!!! I felt like God was showing me in the dream, how I needed to approach helping her learn.  My personality wants to do the opposite, hanker down and work hard till we are done, and I would push her to explosions!

With all that being said, what could the second part mean???  And why was the hair sticking to me???

Actually, perhaps The Lord is encouraging me in the second portion...bc I didn't have to keep taking breaks with the teenager! Meaning, this is something she would outgrow!!!!! I have had suggestions of ADD meds, and my husband and I WONT do it!!! I would rather get poked with pencils!! LOL! Just kidding.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:14 am

Yes, this totally makes sense Daisy! She will outgrow it. I'm wondering if He is showing you the actual phase of life she will be in when she outgrows it or if it is symbolic for growing out of it.

I don't know why the hair was sticking to you. I'll think on it though.

Regarding the ADD meds, have you thought of using essential oils? I'm just learning myself and I have this book that talks about oils to use for ADD.

Last edited by Shan on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed wording)

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:02 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top