My mom gave me an antique set

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My mom gave me an antique set

Post by Daisy on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:41 am

I had a dream my mom gave me this beautiful accent table.  It was very unique.  The thing that stood out the most, is that the height of the actual table was not standard height.  Most accent tables would be around 24" or 30" from the floor.  The table was much higher, prob 40-48" from the floor.  I have never seen something like this. I loved the design, and the drawers that were in it.  The only thing I didn't absolutely love was the color.  It was a cedar color.  Most of my furniture is darker wood.  I told my mom I could stain it darker, and she mentioned that it will loose its antique value if I changed the original design.  I agreed with her an opted to keep it just the way it was.  I really loved this piece.  

Then I seen that there was a wicker rocking chair that went with this table. I asked my mom if I could have this too, and she said "Sure!" Once again, it was much higher than a normal rocking chair would be.  I loved this too.  The height of the seat portion was at my neck level, about 4' 7" off the floor. The back of the chair went even higher up. I imagined trying to sit in this, I would have to lean it forward and climb up onto it.  I decided this chair would just be for decor, not for actual sitting.  I didn't entertain attempting to change the color of this chair, it matched the table perfectly. I looked behind the table, and it was dated when it became an antique.  It was marked that it was made in a certain month (cant remember which month) and with the year 1954.  I did the math in my head, seeing how old these two items were.  In my dream, I knew that anything over 30 years old would be condidered an antique, and these pieces were 60 years old!! I was certain of this in the dream. I know in real life, in order to truly be considered an antique, it needs to actually be at least 100 years old.  I knew these were both antiques in the dream, and had much value.

I was happy to have both pieces, and was glad I wasn't too shy to ask my mom for the second piece as well.

Not sure if this matters much or not, but my dad was actually born in 1954. Him and my mom are not married anymore, he is now remarried. My step mom just got saved, and is living for God. Im hoping my dad will soon follow.

Would love to hear thoughts/comments/interps.  Pretty sure this dream is significant.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My mom gave me an antique set

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:03 am

Daisy wrote: My step mom just got saved, and is living for God.  Im hoping my dad will soon follow.

Hi, Daisy -

I'm not claiming that this is the interpretation: I was thinking that the two pieces of furniture were your father and stepmother. The two pieces were added to your household, which could represent their salvation.

The fact that they didn't match your other furniture could be differences between the way you live out your faith in your family compared to how they will. You realized that making them conform to what you already had was not important, so you left them to "be themselves."

Unless you recognize the two pieces of furniture as applying to someone else in your life, I would believe that they are your parents.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:11 pm

Thank you mark!! I completely agree with you, and accept this as an accurate interpretation!! Thank you!! =)

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top