Dinosaur Chasing Me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dinosaur Chasing Me

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:20 am

In the dream, I was in a store that looked a bit like an old retail building in my town. That business built a new building down the street, so this one is kinda between owners. There was a woman there that I worked with during my retail days. We both seemed to be working there, although working there wasn't a strong focus. Just like during those days, the woman was working in the Seasonal department - Christmas lights and decorations, that kind of thing. She was basically setting up the area, and there was already a lot of it done. I was in this area, but the dream wasn't so much about me doing work in it. The dream was about me trying to get away from something.

That "something" was a dinosaur. A huge T-Rex. I knew it was looking for me - maybe it was looking for anyone, but it did feel like it was trying to find me. I moved from aisle to aisle, trying to stay out of it's sight. As the dream went on, it felt like I was building some distance between us, which was a positive thing.

In real life, my supervisor was let go, yesterday. Management is seeking to fill that spot. I've been pursued about this in the past, and I've never felt positive about it. There's more money, but a lot more headache. I want simplicity and peace in my life, and this would be a step in the wrong direction for me. Well, after the announcement, my crew all seemed to be pointing at me as the one to move into that position. Even people who weren't on my shift were approaching me to take it. If anything is the Dinosaur in this dream, it's gotta be that.

When I look at the dream, I see two things: The dinosaur isn't anything other than what it is. I could have been chased by something that wasn't fearsome. Or, the dinosaur could have caught me, but it could be have been tame, we'll say. The point being, it was a dinosaur and, if it caught me, it would have been bad. The 2nd thing is the Seasonal theme. This should be temporary, no?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinosaur Chasing Me

Post by Cholette on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:04 pm

Does a dinosaur mean anything to you? I find it interesting that it wasn't a bear, lion or dog,...but a dinosaur. For my experience they are menacing and seductive...like a demonic spirit.

That's the only thing that comes to me about this dream.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:04 pm

Menacing and seductive, huh?

Well, if it's related to work like I think it is, then it's the constant tempting to take the job for the sake of its pay. That's the one thing that they keep trying to sell me on - "You'll make so much more money." I don't care about that, though. The headache isn't worth it.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:31 pm

what laugh i thort the dinosaw represented something from ur distant past chaseing you holy moly perhaps ur :hairraising: retail associate foots the bill,  shocked 

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:33 pm

That ties in as well, D - something from my distant past. This opportunity is presented to me each time a supervisor gets the boot. This is far from the first time I've been asked, so it's definitely something from my past.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:15 am

ok jurassik buddy laugh 

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:59 pm

Sponsored content