Secret Death

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Secret Death

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:12 am

I was in my real life house. All of my siblings were there, and we were all sleeping in the same bed. In the middle of the night, we were awakened by something. I knew that bad news was coming. We all headed downstairs and waited outside for police to arrive.

While we waited, there was loud music coming from a few houses away on the other side of the street. The song was "Restless Heart" by Peter Cetera. While that was playing, I thought, "Don't they know how inappropriate it is to be playing that music right now...?" It was the middle of the night, and we knew we were expecting bad news, so decency would be to at least have a quiet atmosphere.

A police car arrived, and as soon as it did we all broke into tears. So many thoughts went through my mind. I expected this to be a message that my mother had passed away - as did the rest of us. The officer stood there and wouldn't say anything. A few moments passed like this, and then the officer went to leave. I couldn't believe it! I demanded that he give us the message that he had been sent to give. He said that he was not allowed to give it to us. Again, I couldn't believe that he would show up to say nothing. I repeated my demand, and he spoke over a radio to someone at headquarters. He told us that he only had permission to tell my youngest brother, and so he whispered it into his ear. While I was glad that one of us knew, now I was all the more confused. I tried to reason what it might be. I said to the officer, "Why is this death such a secret?!"

I began to reason in my mind about this. I told myself that the death must be someone else - someone from youngest two siblings' side of the family. That had to be it. Inside myself, I cried out from my heart, saying, "God would've told me in a dream if it was going to be my mother." I wanted to be certain of that - that God would've told me ahead of time.

The officer left, and even though my brother was given the message, nothing changed for the rest of us. He didn't share it, and there was no action from us even asking him to share. The next thing I know, we're all in a car and I'm driving. We only drove around the block, returned to the house, and then returned to bed. This was all we could do for now, I guess.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top