Driving from the passenger seat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Driving from the passenger seat

Post by Grey Butterfly on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi guys :)

I dreamed I was driving from the passenger seat in front. No-one was in the driver seat. I was just steering, (there was nothing about gears or acceleration in the dream, but I dont remember even thinking about how impossible it is to drive from the passenger seat - suspended reality for a purpose I guess  lol!  ) Anyway, the road was foggy and we (I was aware of one or more of my children in the back) were going around a bend, I was going too fast, cars were coming the other way and I knew we would crash. But, I was thinking that crashing at this point was better - relatively speaking - because the crash would be minor, but if I managed to get through this point without crashing, the car would speed up and I would have a catastrophic crash up ahead. We glanced off cars, got pushed to the side and stopped. Dream end.

I was thinking at first, "I must be trying to control something I shouldn't" cos you shouldnt drive from that seat. Then I thought "I should be in the driver seat, I am not taking control of my own life when I should" any thoughts?

blessings :) Di

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Driving from the passenger seat

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:09 pm

Grey Butterfly wrote:I was thinking at first, "I must be trying to control something I shouldn't"  cos you shouldnt drive from that seat.  Then I thought "I should be in the driver seat, I am not taking control of my own life when I should"

Did you think either of these things within the dream?

In the dream...did it feel like you should be driving?

Considering no one was in the driver's seat, I'm going to assume that this is about something where a driver is needed. Someone needs to be in control. Totally in control. Whether it's right for you to be driving or not, what stands out to me was that you were doing both things (driving and being a passenger) only halfway. Like you said at the end - is there an area where you're not taking (full) control of something that needs it?

Grey Butterfly wrote: I knew we would crash. But, I was thinking that crashing at this point was better - relatively speaking - because the crash would be minor, but if I managed to get through this point without crashing, the car would speed up and I would have a catastrophic crash up ahead.

This part speaks to me about minimizing your losses by ending things sooner rather than later. The longer whatever this dream represents in your life goes on, the worse it could get for those involved. Thankfully, the dream shows you coming to a stop with relatively minor consequences.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:39 pm

gud points m,, does it feel current for u, perhaps its a pik of now or future, really a metaphor ,of uncertain future, [foggy road], the bend being a change in direction, kids being a concern for ur family, fear of bigger crash up ahead, [reccession?]no one in the drivers seat, kud be you feeling alone in this situ,  idea i ud look how this relates to ur life, and make watever adjustments/preparations you can,  idea 

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm

Thanks guys, you are both insightful and helpful as always <3

Mark, I don't think I thought any of those things in the dream... I was just trying to drive/survive.

I've been feeling for a while that I need to take time out, like a prayer retreat and sort out what I am going to do about some things in my life. I think that I am just coping with what is thrown at me and not necessarily choosing a direction/solution.

Blessings to you both.

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:41 am

hee hee ok,, i love to retreat sweet dreams 2 :donut: happy dance 

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:16 pm