Son rescues a baby

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Son rescues a baby

Post by exo152 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:12 pm

My son came to me last night, concerned about a dream he had. In the dream he was walking down a street filled with people. He saw a small infant lying on the sidewalk, dirty and crying. He looked around at the milling people but no one seemed to be noticing the baby. He picked up the baby, comforting and caring for it. But after he began to care for the child, a woman ran up, snatched the baby away and yelled at him. "That's MY baby!" She then ran off with it.
He felt the dream had some meaning, and he is never been one to share many of his dreams. I have an idea what it may mean, but would like some confirmation. Thank you all!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Son rescues a baby

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:02 pm

What is he taking interest in where no one else seems to see the need?

The response of the woman made me think that someone in real life would act as if he was stepping on their toes. Their perception of it, of course. Oddly enough, the baby was neglected or abandoned by the one who should be responsible for it, but it was your son's attention to it that brought that person back "into the baby's life."

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:21 pm

The thing that came to me was youth ministry. My son used to work in youth ministry with a passion, before other issues came along that drained away his desire. But recently he has been attending church with his girlfriend and has really been disgusted at the lack of effort put into the youth ministry there. When the youth leader, a young woman, stepped down a few weeks ago, my son felt it was a good thing, because she was doing the job so half-heartedly. But instead of finding a new youth leader/pastor with a desire to put their all into the ministry, the church has hired no one and is planning on having people within the church trade off the duties. My son has been very vocal to me about how this will not work, etc. But it makes me realize his passion for this type of ministry isn't gone, it is just dormant. Thank you Mark!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top