Not Ready To Sing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not Ready To Sing

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:26 am

I was at work near the sink in the locker room. Someone unknown to me came up to me and expected me to sing a song with them. This person felt like a coworker, and they seemed kinda happy-go-lucky. I was unprepared to sing, and the person didn't wait for me to be ready. He began singing Kenny Loggins' Footloose, and he basically made me sing it with him. The problem was that I had food in my mouth - something like taffy or caramel - and I just couldn't speak words. Again, he wasn't waiting, so when he expected me to sing, I just sorta hummed or opened my mouth and "ah"ed the melody. It was the best I could do. I wanted him to wait for me to be ready, because I felt that I could sing that particular song really well if he had just given me a moment.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Ready To Sing

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:10 am

I feel that this dream has manifested. A couple days ago, I was approached by my boss at a moment where I was in the middle of a task and not prepared for the conversation he wanted to have.

Basically, a coworker had been suspended for a violent outburst, and my boss wanted to know what I had witnessed. In the conversation, he indicated that he would probably let the guy go. I acknowledged what my boss said, but I wasn't prepared to hear that.

The when I got home that night, I looked back on that moment and wished that I had been better prepared. The suspended man deserves what he's going to get, but I actually feel pity for him and where he generally is in life - he's just not wise. If I had been better prepared, I would have asked for mercy for him.

In fact, I went to my boss the next day and did just that. Behind closed doors, he told me more details about the man, his own statement about his actions, and other past offenses that aren't common knowledge. The man's fate is already decided (as far as men know). My boss, however, asked me what reason I had to ask for mercy for this guy - because it doesn't make sense to do so. I told him that I agreed that he didn't deserve it, and that it doesn't make sense...but, even though I wouldn't ever be in a situation like this man is, if I were to be, I would hope that someone would stand in for me if I was unable to ask for "one more chance" on my own.

My boss and another man in the room heard this, and they each just nodded their head. They both said, "You're a good person..." which was pretty humbling to hear.

Even though this act of "intercession" won't spare the man from losing his job, maybe it's done something else...

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top