I keep having the same dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I keep having the same dream

Post by MiaWil1124 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:35 am

I was in a relationship for three years that just ended when i decided to completely follow Christ. After I made that decision everything seem to go down hill for us even as friends. His family suddenly decided that I wasnt worthy of their son and he gave up on me when they went to shun him. I'm in love with him yada yada still... And ive been having trouble sleeping but when i do sleep I dream that im at his girlfriends house to come get him but hes comfortable and content there and i cant get him to leave. I always wake up crying. I read my word but I fall back asleep to the same thing. We were really in love with one another and ive been crying for the last four months about it. God has told me to be patient and wait for him to act. But i dont know what it means... does it mean he'll come back one day? Ive been praying for closure everyday. Everyone tells me to move on but Im struggling to get over this hump. I know that God has a plan for mine and his life. I feel as though God placed him in my life... I know He did but just to take him away i dont get it.

MiaWil1124

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I keep having the same dream

Post by Cholette on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:25 pm

Hello Mia!

You said, "just to take him away, I don't get it". Who do you think took him away? You said that the relationship ended because you decided to completely follow Christ. Could it be that he wasn't on your level spiritually and that is why the relationship cannot work at this time? I will never question your love for him, but I would like for you to think with the mindset that he isn't going in the direction that you are going in right now. If he was where you were, then your decision to follow Christ would have never broken up the relationship.

The dream about you going to his girlfriend's house and him being content could be God's way of telling you that the direction he is going in is bringing contentment to his life. I've been where you are and it's NOT easy. For me to say that it is, I would be lying. It will take LOTS of prayer and reading God's Word. If you have a good friend that can pray with you in those weak emotional moments, I would say to stay connected with them. It took my friend moving in with me and us having prayer every day before God was able to heal my heart. I can look back now and praise God that he disconnected that relationship because where I am now, I know God has better for me.

I'm praying for you!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaWil1124 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:47 pm

hey thanks for your response... im really praying that i get past it. I was worshipping one night and He told me that he planted seeds of prayer in him. When i was with him i knew that God was trying to introduce Himself into his life. He's really struggled in his relationship with God. We would pray together sometimes. I have thought about that and we have had conversations about him not beign where i am. And it wasnt just because of my relationship with God, his family had threaten to kick him out and that was the breaking point. I can understand where his head was at, I dont want him to hurt because of his families dislike for me. But he completely gave up on me and its hard because everyone expects me to just get over it and forget it.

MiaWil1124

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:53 pm

Don't pay attention to the people around you. You have to fully be engulfed in God in this season. No one can every understand when someon is hurting, especially when it involves a relationship. When you have invested your heart into someone, it hurts when they go.

Go through your OWN process and let God take you to another level in him through all of this.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaWil1124 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:56 pm

Amen. Im really thankful for you right now because no one was understanding. Thank you Cholette.

MiaWil1124

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:16 pm

thumbs 

It helps when someone has been through the same thing. Just think about the women you will be able to help because of you situation. Much of the things we go through is not about us...but someone else. If I had to go through what I went through just to give you this word of encouragement, then it was all worth it.

huggins

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:00 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top