Demon Vision or Dream?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Demon Vision or Dream?

Post by MaggieD on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:12 pm

I am a Christian and have been for many years. I would like your interpretation on a dream/vision I had 3 nights ago.

I awoke lying on my side from a vivid dream. I heard a noise at the bottom of the bed and looked in that direction, however, I didn't move my body only my eyes. I saw something move from there to the side of my bed. I "knew" it was my husband, however, it was only the silhouette of a person. I couldn't discern at this point if the silhouette was real or just a silhouette, but I was terrified!!! (here I have to insert that my husband is emotionally disturbed, abusive, alcoholic, drug addicted, suffers from bi-polar, PTSD). I tried to scream but my throat would only gurgle, I tried to move, but I couldn't move from the position I was lying in. The silhouette was advancing and I began to feel that I wouldn't live through it's attack, and I somehow "knew" it was going to attack me. As the silhouette moved over the top of me and got right near my face, I was finally able to flail my arms at his face, at the same time I saw near the ceiling many many other silhouettes advancing and "watching" the progress of the one that was going to attack me. As I swung my arms at the one in my face, I cried out "Oh God" and the silhouettes began to "fade". I prayed then for God to build a hedge of protection around me and keep the demons at bay.

I didn't know if this was a dream or a "vision", but I was so terrified that my heart was pounding in my chest and I could hear the blood rushing through my ears as if it were a waterfall. I couldn't sleep the rest of the night, nor have I been able to since then. It is the most frightening thing that has ever happened to me. I thought maybe I "dreamed" all this because my life is so chaotic living with all the mental illnesses of my husband, but I'm pretty sure I was awake as I could see everything in my bedroom and I know that my eyes were wide open.

Thank you,
Maggie

MaggieD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demon Vision or Dream?

Post by butterfly on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:38 am

Last edited by butterfly on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:59 pm

I agree with butterfly. I had something like this happen to me as well. The best thing to do is to call out the name of Jesus. satan must flee in the Mighty Name of Jesus!

blessings,

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:18 pm

I had a friend who underwent a similar sort of attack. Whether you were awake, saw a vision or had a dream, the effect was the same. Satan is causing you to live your life in fear. You have a choice: accept that fear, or step up to the promises God gave as His child. You are not powerless in this situation. As a child, God has extended his power to you. Put on your spiritual armor Girlfriend!
Father, in the powerful name of Jesus, I ask you to instill Maggie D with the courage she needs to dig deep into your truths and do resist the fear that Satan is trying to bring against her. Thank you for being The Strong God! Amen.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandy on Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:22 pm

Maggie, this sounds as if it were an attack from demons. Scientists call this sleep paralysis because they have to have a reason for everything. This has been happening for ages. In secular legends, they call it "the witch riding your back". Even in the scientific definition of this they say there is an evil presence present. Of course I go against the scientific explanation because I am a firm believer in Jesus and what is said in the bible. We battle against principalities whether people want to accept that or not. I too have had this experience, but it happened soon after I turned from my ways and to the Lord. It is almost like satan sends his demons up to Earth to check out the situation. Spiritual warfare soon followed after that with me and my whole family. Boy, what a way to get closer to the Lord. Although scary, I learned the power in the name of Jesus. If you cannot speak, yell it in your mind. They have no power against the name of Jesus. I would rebuke them in the name of Jesus and cover yourself with the blood of Jesus. There is a website which is secular but it has many people that have had these experiences and do NOT believe that it is scientific but SPIRITUAL. Read the forum. There are some nuts on there, but many that are scared and need an answer. The site is therapistunlimited.com. I believe this is the right one. Again, I am not giving this to you to lead you away from the power of Jesus but to simply show you that you are not crazy and that there are many people in the world that have experienced this--some that know Jesus and some that do not. Imagine the fear if you were not a person who believed in God or demons. I imagine there are plenty more that are quiet and have not come forward and are ashamed to ask for help because they do not want people to think they are weird or crazy. When you talk about demons and spiritual warfare, unless you have been through it, people think you are crazy. I can't tell you the look on my mother-in-laws face when she came over and I was in the middle of blessing my home and land with oil. She thought I was crazy!!! Also, demons seem to live off of your fear. The Lord did not give us the spirit of fear. Stand strong in the name of Jesus. If you do--they will flee. There were many people that turned to God on that website because once they saw the demons and experienced them and knew they were real they then called on the name of Jesus. When they saw the power of Jesus and that the demons had to go, they now TRULY believe in Jesus and his power. What a loving God we have. He is there for us always!!! Again, this is not just my opinion, but my experience. I am always available to help you with any questions reguarding spiritual warfare. Remember, "GO, in the name of Jesus!!!!!!!!!"---and YOU have the power to tread over serpants. Everyday I would cover yourself and your family with the blood of Jesus and like the person said above--pray for God to send his angels down and protect you. Sometimes I even try to envision huge angels standing outside my house protecting it. Blessing your children (if you have any) is not a bad idea either. God bless you.

Brandy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamergirl on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:09 am

Fear not, my friend. Fear NOT. This may happen again, you could be in a spiritual batle for your husband. Those are evil spirits that he has succombed to, as he tries to live this life on his own strength.

Pray over him at night. Anoint his belongings, his space with oil, plead Christs blood which was shed for him and you. get serious about it, and about reading Gods word. Worship Him day and night. Ask that He would give you the strength and commitment to follow through. Remember, though, it is not on your strength, but His through you.

Fasting is also key. Sacrifice a meal or two or three. There is a spiritual power to break strongholds and chains of the enemy, through your fasting. If Christ had to fast to accomplish the Lords plan, imagine how much more we do. Resist the temptation to nibble, and allow the Lord to prepare that feast for you. The feast of salvation and deliverance for your husband, spiritual growth for you and your marriage to be complete and full of God's love and grace.

Read the Word of God. His promises are wha gives us faith to trust Him and what He says He WILL do.
Read Isaiah 58-particularly verse 6:
Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the heavy burdens,
To let the oppressed go free,
And that you break every yoke."

Thats a promise for you if you fast. Just remember, FEAR NOT, for who can come against you if the Lord is before you?
Psalm 18:29 -With your help i can advance against an army, with my GOD i can scale a wall!"

Dreamergirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:08 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top