Weirdest dream ever! Choosing my ex or my husband UPDATED

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weirdest dream ever! Choosing my ex or my husband UPDATED

Post by Daisy on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:02 am

I had a dream that I had the choice to marry either my ex (not a good guy) or my current husband, but in the dream he wasn't my husband yet.  In the dream I was at a table, it had family members from both men.  Everyone knew I had a choice to make.  I was surprised that none of them had pressured to ask me what I was going to decide.  In the dream when I seen my ex, he was very short (irl he is not), and his clothes were too small for him. His shirt and pants were too small, and his belly was showing slightly because of it.  It reminded me of a poor kid, the way he was dressed, and wierdly enough, it was as if he was a child.  His family was all normal in size.  I felt sorry for him when I looked at him.  In my heart, I chose to pick my husband (irl).  

Scene change:
I went to go get my hair done by an old aquantance who irl is a hair dresser.  In the dream I was getting my hair done for my wedding.  It was much shorter than it is irl, and when she was done, it did not look very pretty in my opinion.  I lifted the side of my hair up, and it was balding underneath.  When I put it back down, it looked fine...not thin at all.  There was a woman there selling creams and such. She said they were hormone therapy creams.  I asked if there was anything she could suggest for thinning hair.  She said yes, and told me that these creams she was selling would work for that.  I asked her if thats what she used hers for, and she said "No, but it sure worked well on her tummy aches." I thought to myself, 'That does not make any sense at all, and Im not buying it.  Sounds to me like a rip off, scam.'  I decided to go home and do my hair myself for the wedding, and knew that then i would like it.

Weirdest dream ever...would love to hear thoughts/interps....

P.s. In my dreams, my ex has always symbolized my brother whom I no longer have contact with.  He is my daughters bioligical dad. There are a lot of details that go into this...but I do not have a relationship with him bc it is in the best interest of my daughter. We adopted her when she was young. irl I do feel sorry for him bc he has lost so much in his life.  Its too difficult for me to have a relationship with him bc of our situation.  When he was young  (infant-elementary years) we were very close. I feel horrible for how things have turned out for him. But I cant let my feelings of empathy cloud my judgement of protecting my daughter.   bandaid

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Weirdest dream ever! Choosing my ex or my husband UPDATED

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi, Daisy -

I feel that the main theme of the first part to this dream is one of making a decision. Take the people out, entirely, and then ask yourself where you're presently faced with a choice to make. I know that you said your ex has always symbolized your brother, so if there's a decision to make that would somehow fit in relation to your brother, then that symbol would probably mean the same thing. If there's nothing in that area, then he may symbolize something completely different.

Where do you have a choice to make, but where you're also surprised that you don't feel pressured by either choice? I think that's important.

The details about the ex's appearance should make you feel the same way about one of the choices. Now, this is just my own thought: When I read how the ex was both short and, yet, too small for his clothes - I saw it as something that's also too small for you, and yet is too big (while still being small, heh) for its resources. Along that same line: Even if the ex had fitting clothes, he'd still be short. Something to think about...

After the scene change, I was thinking that the 2nd half is about your thought life related to this. Maybe it's advice that people give you, or just their own opinions. The lady selling the creams is someone giving "help" that doesn't fit the need. It could be their own personal experience that isn't the same as what you're going through, so it really doesn't apply to you.

Whatever the 2nd part refers to, I think the important part is the fact that you recognized that you could better handle it yourself - and that you'd be more satisfied when you did.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:02 pm

Thanks so much!!!  I really appreiciate your post Mark!! =)

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top