Emceeing for Oprah...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Emceeing for Oprah...

Post by Shan on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:25 am

I dreamed last night that I was chosen by Oprah Winfrey to be the emcee for a huge event. I got the feeling we were on a cruise. The event was like a circus with people performing all kinds of amazing acrobatics. Everyone was chosen for something and I kind of wished that I had been chosen as an act. I thought this would be better because my act would be over with quickly, but as an emcee, I would have to be in front of people for a long time. However, I thought that this was actually a job of privilege. And to have Oprah Winfrey think I had what it took to be an emcee out of all the people she knew, I was amazed.

We had a couple of days to prepare. I went back and forth in my mind as to whether or not I thought I could actually do this. I was supposed to memorize some lines, actually A LOT of lines. I thought I couldn't do it, then I thought I could. I usually work better when I don't over prepare, so I didn't start memorizing right away. I had this sense of confidence that I would do a good job, but also thought that I'd take a few note cards to spark my memory just in case. I convinced myself it was ok to do this, because I wasn't planning on just reading the whole thing. I would memorize as much as I could and I knew speakers used note cards all the time anyway. It was like I had confidence in my ability to deliver, but not in my ability to memorize about 2 hours worth of emceeing. I didn't know if this would embarrass Oprah or not. I was afraid to ask though.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top