Ghosts are actually demons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ghosts are actually demons

Post by Sirianta on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:57 am

Hey guys

My sister in law's daughters are visiting me. One is 15 and the other 16 years old. They are so hungry for God's Word and have a lot of questions. I have told them about a lot of my experiences with God and whilst telling them my stories and experiences and teaching them about Jesus we could feel the Holy Spirits presence. They do believe in Jesus, but don't know Him.

Now they've asked me so many questions. They were watching a program on TV (Psychic kids). This specific program had children who helped police solve cold cases by means of psychic abilities. They would touch something of the missing person and then they would see "movie clips" with information about that person in their minds. Now the kids want to know if that is a gift from God as well or is it from the enemy. And they asked me "why would satan help people solve cases" Also a lot of the kids on this program see dead people. I have been taught that there is no such thing as ghosts, but that it is actually demons. Then is it actually demons these kids are seeing?

I told them that there is no such thing as ghosts, but that it is familiar spirits, posing as loved ones or people. This is confusing to them, because now they are asking me " why would someone like the woman of Long Island Medium help people" If it is from satan, why would he want to help people. I told them that the WORD of GOD says we are not allowed to speak to the dead.

Can someone please help me with an explanation and maybe scriptures that could help these girls. They also said that the Word speaks of the ghost of Samuel. So why would the Word speak of a ghost if there is no such thing.

Love in Christ
Sirianta

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ghosts are actually demons

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:00 am

Hello, Sirianta -

The only things I can say about what you shared is that it is a television show. Even if it's claimed to be "reality" TV, it's still a show with an aim to entertain. If the "psychic kids" were true and reliable in solving crimes, it'd be much more widespread than what's recorded on a half-hour to and hour program.

On the subject of Satan's deception, I have a few other comments. The question was, "why would he want to 'help' people?" If Satan uses a medium to "help" someone, what has he truly accomplished? He's kept them from finding the Truth. Mediums don't point to Jesus - they point to themselves. Supernatural encounters outside of what the Holy Spirit orchestrates always leave people deceived - not seeing Jesus as the only way to Eternal Salvation.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirianta on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Thanks so much for your reply White shadow. I fully agree with the fact that mediums don't point to Jesus but to themselves. Thanks for your reply :)

God bless

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:28 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top