Beverages In A Mailbox

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beverages In A Mailbox

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:16 am

I was riding in the backseat of a vehicle with others in my family. We stopped in the road right in front of the real-life Post Office. There wasn't any other traffic, and when someone asked if it was ok to stop there, the driver (I think it was my stepdad) said it would be fine. I walked just into the parking lot to where there was a large Post Office Mailbox. I somehow had access to this, and I opened the front of it. The inside looked like the inside of a soda/vending machine. There was a shelf near the top, and then divided shelves beneath it that were separated into columns. The top shelf had empty cans/bottles on it. The columns beneath each had separate, full beverages.

I looked at what was available: One column had cans of Red Bull energy drinks. I thought of my brother, who drinks those (I've never had one). Another column had cans of Starbucks drinks. There were other beverages in there, too, but I actually found two bottles that were definitely for me: They were both the same, and they were the plastic refillable bottles that I put in my lunch box everyday - these Rubbermaid bottles. They were also full of milk (which is often what I pack). One may have had less than the other. I also found a couple small cans of something that reminded me of a fruit juice, and I took those along with my milk bottles. The cans were meant to be a backup plan. My stepdad had been with me as I accessed this thing, and he returned with me to the car. On our way, he asked if those bottles of milk were going to be ok - he was referring to whether they had been kept from spoiling. I said that they should be fine, but if they weren't I had those cans as a backup, which seemed to be ok with him.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Beverages In A Mailbox

Post by dreamster on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:34 pm

i havnt put deep thorts in2 this m, but i wondered if its about being prepared , you seem to be doin a good job of it, hee hee um it kud all be family related , like ur last drm:chinscratch: ,,or perhaps its about u having a bakup plan for sumthing, :donut: ,i look 4werd to the outcome,,, sweet dreams 2 

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:39 am

Thanks, D. I wondered about the backup plan detail as well. I wonder why I would think that I need a backup plan when the first thing I took was so perfect and personal to me. I guess I'll have to wait and see!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:34 pm

This dream has come to mind with a situation related to work. I've been frustrated with my current position - just tired of a growing number of people within the group that I lead. Plus, we've got some new machinery to learn to use. On top of that, I have a brand new supervisor to help train. It's just a lot that I don't want to deal with, and I've been asking God for something - anything - new.

Then, I received a message from a former boss telling me that he may be able to get me in where he's currently at if I can hold on a while longer. Shortly thereafter, he sent another message telling me of another company in my home city that's hiring...but for a much lower wage than what I'm making.

Within this same window, a posting was up at my current job for two operators on day shift. That'd mean coming out of a leadership position, but much less headache. I considered it. And, while I was considering it, another posting has gone up...

This position is off of the production floor in the quality area. That means a step towards a more administrative end - which also means a step away from the dirt out on the floor. But, less pay. I've been encouraged by more than a few to pursue this, including the man who'd hire me.

There's an internal struggle that no one I've spoken to can understand, though: There's a lady working in this area as an extra. She's a temp, and has been here for about 6 months. She already knows the job. However, she hasn't been hired. She's (in my eyes) a perfect fill for this job. The company, though, wants to offer the position to those who already are hired - to promote from within. From everyone that I've spoken to, it seems that I'll get the job if I apply. If I take it, though, she'd be let go since there'd be no further need for a temp. I said it was an internal struggle, but I've pretty much made up my mind that I'm not going to apply. I don't want to be the reason someone else won't be given security. None of my coworkers understand this, though.

ANYWAY, I believe that the beverages in the mailbox are about receiving notice of all these options/opportunities. Some are no-brainers to decline. Others seem like a perfect fit for me (the milk in my containers), but it was my stepdad who questioned if the milk was really ok - and I see now that this is God speaking to me about taking that admin position. It's really not ok, even though it seems a perfect fit for me. The juice that was a "backup plan" - that's my old boss's potential opportunity down the road.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:26 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top