Girlfriend's Father

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Girlfriend's Father

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:24 am

I was in building that was either a house or an apartment, and I was there with a girl that was my girlfriend. I do not recognize this girl, and she really wasn't even the focus in this dream. I was laying on a couch on one side of the room, and she was sitting on the other side in a chair or loveseat. I had a bit of a feeling of expectation - I knew her father was coming over, and it felt like I might be meeting him for the first time. I wasn't really looking forward to it, and the thought of it was somewhat intimidating.

He showed up and entered through a nearby sliding door - like a patio door. I think that he brought another daughter with him as well. What stood out to me was how short this guy was. He wasn't a midget or anything, just really short compared to what would be an average height. He was definitely much shorter than me, so I didn't stand up from the couch to interact with him because I didn't want my own height to seem threatening to him. In fact, I didn't even sit up on the couch because I didn't want my eye-level to be higher than his.

I seemed to already know a lot about his personality. He was one of those angry/hostile guys with "short man syndrome." He was very dominant in conversation. I was submissive in speech with him, basically saying or acting in whatever way would keep this encounter positive. It took a lot of effort on my part, but he was actually fine to me. I felt that this meeting was important for the sake of my relationship with his daughter, so I was somewhat glad that it was going well...even if it meant that I had to do all this "stuff" to keep him in a good mood.

The dream nears the end with him reading me a riddle off of a card, like from some game. It was a "what do these three things have in common" riddle. I didn't hear the first item clearly. I asked him to repeat it, once, and I still didn't really hear it. I couldn't figure it out from the last two, alone. It didn't seem important that I answer the riddle; in fact, I felt like I should just let him stump me so that I didn't seem like some smarty-pants by having the answer. So, I gave up and he told me the answer. He seemed happy to have "stumped" me, and the other daughter that had come with him explained the riddle to me...which now made sense considering she clearly said what the first item of the three was. Still, it didn't matter to me to get the riddle right, especially since it was one more thing that kept the father in a good mood in this situation.

*My behavior in this dream is much like real life, to be honest. I've met a few fathers of people that I've dated, and I've given them dominance early in the relationship in the interest of favor. I'm hardly threatening, but I've never wanted to give the impression that I am.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Girlfriend's Father

Post by meredith77 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:31 am

Who is the real "Father" of the girls you date?? Once I had a dream that I accidentally hit a friends foot with my car and her Dad was yelling at me. It manifested that I almost did something unknowingly that would have damaged the girl's spiritual life. It was a warning not to make her stumble. The yelling Father was her heavenly Father, expressing his displeasure with my hurting his child. LOL It made me change my plans and avoid the incident, so the dream was effective!

Sorry if I can't interpret, I can only share my own manifested dreams.

meredith77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:47 am

I actually haven't dated in quite a while, but I wouldn't date anyone who isn't a Christian. This dream must be about something in the future or may be about a non-romantic relationship.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meredith77 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:29 pm

I was just suggesting that the father might be God, rather than a natural father. Just to clarify, I was assuming the girls were Christian. It could be about your relationship with "girlfriend's dad"( which is God) before you meet the girl. Doing a bunch of stuff, answering life riddles, LOL. I know before God brought me my husband, I had a lot of stuff to do and things to figure out. Sometimes it felt like riddles. The quote below seems to stand out.

In other words, perhaps its about your relationship with God, is he preparing you to be a husband someday. Maybe.......??

"I felt that this meeting was important for the sake of my relationship with his daughter, so I was somewhat glad that it was going well...even if it meant that I had to do all this "stuff" to keep him in a good mood."

meredith77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:02 pm

meredith77 wrote:In other words, perhaps its about your relationship with God, is he preparing you to be a husband someday. Maybe.......??
Could very well be! :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top