Supervisor/Math Teacher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Supervisor/Math Teacher

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:02 am

I was taking over a job that my brother had been doing. It wasn't just a task - it was a position. It was also a dual-position. I was expected to be some kind of leadership figure - like a supervisor. I didn't really want to do this. The 2nd aspect of this position was that I was teaching math. My brother had been promoted to something else, which is what opened this up to begin with. I didn't have a choice about it - I felt like I was forced into it, and I had this heavy feeling of giving in...like, accepting that someone else had won/gotten their way. This was someone else's desire, and I had been resisting it for some time. Most of the focus was on the math teacher part, and when I had to accept this, I said out loud (to myself), "I guess I have to be a math teacher after all..." I said this because I originally went to college with the intention of becoming this, but I never did.

*That last statement is true - I attended college for a year and a half just after high school with the plan to become a math teacher, but I gave it up for many reasons. To me, that symbol is like creating a career out of a talent or gift.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supervisor/Math Teacher

Post by Cholette on Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:12 am

Do you feel this is literal?

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:28 am

It very well could be. My cousin (my boss) has been trying to get me to take a supervisor position for quite some time. He's told me, "If you'd just tell me that you want it, you'd be it."

But, I don't want it. Not where I am. I've been in management in other jobs, and I work at a place where there's some shady leadership...and I don't want to be a part of that. It's a very difficult position to be that close to family and be in leadership. I'm still in a leadership position at this time, but it's separated from management, which gives me some wiggle-room as far as showing mercy to employees goes. That's a whole other topic...

Anyway, my cousin hasn't brought it up for quite some time, but maybe the dream is to show me that I'll be approached, again. Truth is, I'd much rather step out of my current position into one where I have even less authority just for my own peace.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:24 am

The part that stood out to me was when you said "I guess I have to be a math teacher after all...". It's as if you compromised how you really felt and decided to do it anyway.  This dream may not only be about what is to come, but about where you are in your decision making and why you make your decisions.

Just thoughts! huggins

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:11 pm

First day back after the holiday weekend, and we were told that my supervisor "is no longer with the company."

Nothing beyond that, but this dream could end up being literal.

Still, what you've said about compromise and decision-making...I am prone to giving in to please others, and that's hardly good decision-making. It's certainly something that I need to pray about in my life.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:50 pm

Mark, I've had to fight that battle in my life too. It comes from rejection and trying to protect ourselves from being rejected. What is helping me is zeroing in to purpose. Fixing my eyes on the things that I know to do and allowing the Holy Spirit to nudge me when I'm about to make a wrong move out of my emotions. It works...

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:49 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top