Snakes on the floor!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Snakes on the floor!!

Post by tjw on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:25 pm

My 5 year old daughter has come to me twice now in the past month to tell me she has dreamed of seeing snakes on the floor in our house. The dream from today she says occurred where she was sitting watching television in the living room and she saw snakes on the floor. She did not get bitten but she said she was scared. In the first snake dream she mentioned that she saw some snakes on the floor in the kitchen and then at some point she saw her daddy around who looked like a ghost but then at some point wasn't a ghost...She did not get bitten in that dream either....

tjw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snakes on the floor!!

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:12 am

Snakes in my dreams have been some kind of real threat or a perceived threat - meaning that it was a fear related to that threat, but the threat, itself, never happened.

Has she said anything to you in her waking life about feeling afraid of anything? It's just my own thoughts, here, but I didn't see what the sources of the snakes were in her dreams...which is what makes me think that they're about a feeling vs. a real-life threat. If she says she feels afraid but there's no reason for it, then the snakes could represent a spirit of fear to be prayed about.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tjw on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:21 pm

She does tend to be a bit afraid sometimes if she is in a room alone and will run to try to find me and tell me she is afraid of ghosts. I think I will pray specifically with her about freedom from a spirit of fear as this does resonate with me about this situation. Thanks for your help!

tjw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:59 am

Prayers being lifted for your daughter. This is just a thought, but has she watched any TV shows that may stir any kind of fear that she's experiencing as of late?

Sometimes after watching a some kind of movie or show, that rises that kind of fear can lead to dreams of that nature.  My kids had that same kind of issue when they were really young … they would see part of the news about children being kidnapped from their bedrooms. They couldn't sleep without their lights on at night for almost a year. So, my husband and I were careful to be sure that the kids weren't around when we were watching the news.

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tjw on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:13 am

Yes we watch geographical animal shows sometimes and if there are snakes on the tv I may exhibit fear about it. She knows I hate snakes. Also she watches some Disney shows that I am kind of on the fence about. I can see some witchcraft themes intertwined in the shows, ie ghosts, "cute" witches/warlocks kids with "powers". The Holy Spirit has been showing me this but I have not been more proactive about monitoring all the kids shows she watches. I will do better. Plus I won't be watching shows showcasing ferocious animals that tend to scare me and thus scare her anymore. I will be prayerful about all this....Thanks for your comments...:)

tjw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:21 am

You're welcome. :)

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:29 am

Sponsored content