Desert Heckler

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desert Heckler

Post by writer4him on Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:03 am

I was crossing a vast desert and had to carry someone on my back whose strength had given out. There were no signs of civilization anywhere but I knew we had to keep going in the direction we were headed. We eventually reached a low, rocky place that provided a bit of shaded relief from the blazing sun. There was no visible water source or vegetation. We had to climb over the rocks that encircled the area and go down about 10-20 feet to reach the bottom.

As we entered the place, I never got to let the person down from my back and rest up because a strange man appeared and startled us. He didn't come down where we were but instead walked from rock to rock shouting at us. He said things like we weren't going to make it out of the desert and were stupid to try; called us names; told us we were trespassing and didn't belong there...it just went on and on. I refuted each statement he made and that seemed to anger him, yet he wouldn't come down there. I finally told him to shut up...that's when I woke up.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Desert Heckler

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:21 am

Hello, Writer4Him -

The desert is a place of dryness and apparent lifelessness. When I think of how the Israelites were in the desert, I think of it as a place where you'll only survive by faith. This was a place where they couldn't rely on anyone but God, and He was their daily bread.

This is also a place where we're often attacked by the enemy. I saw the heckler as a spirit. Your answers to the spirit's accusations, plainly put, is spiritual warfare with the Sword of the Spirit - the Word of God. The scene in your dream is much like Jesus's refuting of Satan's temptations.

So...does this fit anywhere in your life right now? Are you carrying another through this kind of circumstance? If you say that you are not, then my next question would be if you feel that you, yourself, are in a desert?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Hi Shadow,

I think it is a combination of both scenarios: I am in a desert as well as carrying other(s) in a sense. Before the desert period began, God did a series of awesome miracles on our family's behalf and He spoke very specific promises. Then we lost nearly everything we owned, our lives were turned upside down and we have been mostly transient for the past 8 years. I continue to hold onto the promises though my faith has wavered at times (questioning if it really WAS God that spoke to me, etc.). I am now a single parent and I have watched the light dimming out in my children's eyes as the years have passed...speaking of those promises is a painful thing for them now, so I mostly talk to the Lord about them to reaffirm my faith in His Word. Three of my kids have recently asked permission to join fellowship at a particular church and I gave them my blessing. My eldest has become bitter during the desert passage and turned away from the God that she believes is responsible for our tribulations. In spite of this kick in the gut, I refuse to believe that she belongs to the enemy and will continue to love and intercede for her.

One thing that I felt during the dream was a certainty that the destination was within reach---if I just kept walking, we would reach the end of that vast, dead place.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:37 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top