Dreams about my son

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dreams about my son

Post by lori satterfield on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:02 pm

My son is in his first year of college on an athletic scholarship. He is doing well academically, but not doing well athletically as he sees it. He feels as though his coach doesn't like him because he is playing him alot.

I've been praying....God has been giving me bits and pieces of dreams

First dream a week ago.. My son was arguing in the car with someone in a yellow uniform and telling them to get out of his face.

Second Dream...I dreamed that my son was adopted. Somebody was telling me that he was adopted.

Third Dream...I could hear someone saying the school may not be the best fit then the scene switched to my son and I in a classroom with Hispanic men and they were asking for a co-signer for an apartment. My son was the only Africam American boy in room. A man kept talking about a co signer and my son started scream Alleluia, thank you Jesus. Thant son went and set under a Spanish sign

Fourth Dream last night...My son had on orange baseball hat on with price tag on it and somebody was trying to tear the tag off. they pulled tbe tag amd legt the clip from which the tag was on still on the cap. my son was determined to go down this aisle in a store where alot of guys were dressed in green jackets and you just disappeared into the crowd. And I was running but it was hard to run, it felt like my legs were heavy but i continued to chase him and calling his name.
I woke up calling his name.

Thoughts anyone? All of the dreams occurred within a 2 week period

lori satterfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dreams about my son

Post by Shan on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:12 pm

This may be an obvious answer, but I don't want to assume anything. Did you feel anxiety in all of these dreams?

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lori satterfield on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:34 pm

In the first dream, I could feel his anger, in the second dream, I was in the dream saying Aaron isn't adopted, he is my natural son. I had him. The third dream, a bit of anxiety when I woke up. Last dream, definitely.

lori satterfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:04 am

Ok then. These are just thoughts of mine, not an interpretation. Feel free to toss this if it does not resonate with you.

I paid attention to the colors you mentioned and it may have more to do with what your son is feeling or going through than you, I don't know. I studied on colors and what they mean from a Christian person that I trust, but there may be differing opinions as to what the colors mean. If you want to know who this person is, pm me and I'll tell you since we are not supposed to give out names on this site publicly.

Since you said your son was yelling at someone in a yellow uniform telling them to get out of his face, I looked at the negative emotions related to yellow. One is intellectual ascent and another is fear. I'm wondering if the person in yellow may represent a person of authority such as a professor or dean, coach, etc. Maybe he feels misunderstood, attacked? I think you alluded to this.

In the last dream, on the positive side, orange can mean perseverance. Since it was a cap, it may very well mean your son will persevere. When he was running down the aisle, you said your son was determined. Since I'm not sure if the guys in the green jackets revealed any emotion, I'll just tell you what green can mean on the positive and negative side. Positive- conscience, growth, prosperity. Negative- envy, jealousy, pride.

In your second dream when someone was saying your son was adopted, I'm wondering if there is a part of how he is reacting to this situation is not in line with how you taught him, causing someone to not identify him as having come from you. I'm not saying your son is reacting in a horrible way, it just may be that he is not living in or choosing peace or totally giving it to God as you may have taught him. Being away from home as a freshman can be challenging emotionally as you are finding out who you really are and what you truly believe.

I think these dreams are "momma burdens" and God is directing you as to how to pray for Aaron, but you probably already knew that! I will say a prayer for him as well. I remember my college days!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lori satterfield on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:32 am

Your thoughts are aligned with my thoughts. I feel as though these are areas where God wants me to pray. The colors stand out for me too and yes I would be interested in knowing more about the colors. Yes college is fun but it seems to be a struggle for him where us passion is and having to compete in areas where he has triumphed before.

lori satterfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:48 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top