Cat in fridge

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cat in fridge

Post by Beaubyen on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:22 am

I dreamt that when I opened my refrigerator I found my cat inside. He jumped out when I opened the door. I had this same dream (with varying scenarios) three times last night.
Thank you for any insight you might offer.

Beaubyen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cat in fridge

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:20 am

Did you have any feelings in the dream?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaubyen on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:12 pm

Only that it was strange. But since then I've asked God to help me understand what He's trying to tell me and I believe that He was showing me that I was walking in my flesh and not in my Spirit. I was worrying about my future (fueling my flesh with worry) and that is definitely not walking in the spirit! Just that night - the night of the dream -I had been bugging my husband about his work - the wondering where the next contract was coming from, etc. God reminded me that He "has this". :)

As an aside, I didn't trust myself to interpret the dream because I was worried it was about my job and since I had completely surrendered it to Him, I was completely baffled! :) anyway it's a long story ... Thank you for your response. I'd love to know if anything I've said resonated with you?

Beaubyen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:11 pm

The only comment I was going to make on your dream is that, in my own dreams, cats are often people in my life. In fact, they're often symbolic for family members. How I feel about the cat within the dream, and what it may be doing, often helps me to know which family member the dream is about.

I can't say that it'd mean the same in your case, but if I had your dream, I'd ask myself (and the Lord, of course), if there was anyone in my waking life that might feel Cold or Trapped...like the cat might be in the fridge. In a way, you rescued the cat. So, maybe someone who feels that way might open up to you about it. Again, that's what I'd do if I had the dream. That doesn't mean that the interpretation is the same for both of us!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaubyen on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:11 am

I never thought the cat might be a person because he was my actual cat. But it's interesting that you should ask whether or not someone in my waking like feels cold or trapped. A relationship with a co -worker, with whom I had a very close relationship/friendship with, has gone cold. I know it's something that needs addressed, so even if the dream revealed two different things for you and I, they are both things God wants me to pay attention to. So, thank you for your insight.
I am just amazed that God is so present to us!! "what is man that You are mindful of him?" Ps. 8:4a. That He speaks to me in dreams! His love knows no bounds!

Beaubyen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top