Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
writer4him

Acute illness needs prayer

Hi saints,

I need your prayers. I have been ill for the past 2 days with high fever and body aches plus sore throat. I haven't been to work for two days and I am the sole breadwinner in my family (I have four children). This has happened during a fasting period regarding the spiritual warfare being waged against my household.

I am healed!!!! My older son (15) anointed me and prayed, my youngest (14) laid hands on me and prayed...My temp would not go lower than 101, pain shot through my body from head to toe and I couldn't swallow. On the 3rd day I struggled out of bed and took a bus to the doctor's office only to learn that they would not be available for the next 3 days--I couldn't afford an ER visit. It was cold and raining and I was so discouraged. I returned home and climbed back into bed and slept off and on for about an hour. During this time, I was given the idea to try a new clinic at one of the the pharmacies connected to my insurance plan. Those nearest my home were closed for the day...I struggled out of bed again and made the cross-town trek by bus and train--my older son insisted on going with me this time. By the time the PA saw me at the clinic, my temp was 98.7 and I didn't appear ill...yet I was found to have a virus and severe strep throat and given antibiotics. I will have only one week on my next paycheck because of this illness but I am confident that God will provide. Thank you for praying for me. God bless!