Strange gathering at my uncle's house

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Strange gathering at my uncle's house

Post by exo152 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:26 am

I dreamed early this morning of a gathering at my uncle's house.
In real life he lives (and has for thirty years) in my deceased grandparent's house. I always was very close to my grandparents, spent a great deal of my childhood in their home, and can still recall almost every detail of their home when they lived there.
In the dream there was a large gathering of family at his house. But the house, while the same on the outside, looked vastly different on the inside. He had done a lot of really tasteful remodeling and the house looked wonderful. The house was so full of people that he and my aunt had erected a tent in the yard and were serving food to the guests from the tent. For some reason I had a small, newborn baby with me and was caring for it. My sister-in-law(not the same side of the family), also had a small baby she was caring for. She was concerned that he wasn't doing things as quickly as he should, but to me he looked too small to be able to do what she was expecting. I noticed he also seemed to have a vacant look in his eyes. While we were caring for these babies, and talking to my cousin about how her father (my uncle) had improved the house, a storm rolled in unexpectedly. The lightening was so strong that you could smell sulfur. I was instantly concerned that I couldn't find my youngest child and he may be outside in the storm. We found him, he had been outside playing hide and seek with the other kids, and he was fine. But the food tent that had been set up was flapping in the wind from the storm and I saw my aunt underneath, worried about what they would do with all the food that wasn't going to get eaten.
This dream just seemed like a very real happening, except for the fact that my uncle and aunt are somewhat anti-social and I could never see them having such an event at their home. Also, my sister-in-law with the baby doesn't even know that side of my family and would never be there for anything. Also, everytime I would awaken, I would fall back asleep and the dream would just continue.
Any suggestions? I really sensed when I awoke from this dream that I was supposed to ask you all for help here. Thank you!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange gathering at my uncle's house

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:21 pm

exo152 wrote: I really sensed when I awoke from this dream that I was supposed to ask you all for help here.
Hi, Exo. I am sorry that I haven't responded to this dream until now. I still don't know that I have the interpretation, but I'll share what came to mind.

I didn't think that this dream was about your family in the natural. I saw it as church-related. You and your sister-in-law both having babies in this dream seemed to me as new ministries that you're caring for. For clarity, I don't believe that she's literal in this dream, either. Last I knew, you had taken over an area of ministry at your church, right? Has someone else done so as well that would be represented by your SIL? This person should have greater expectations for what they're involved in than what that ministry is ready for/can handle. The baby's vacant look may be that this area lacks clear vision - focus.

Going back to the beginning - your thoughts about the remodeling: Does that fit your present church? Do you see some pleasing improvements?

The tent in the yard may be some kind of outreach program. Some external event that's an extension of the church. Anything going on like that?

The storm that rolls in that smells of sulfur: That seems like the enemy. I surely hope that this dream is still to come so that praying can be done about this detail.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:09 am

Thank you Mark!
I read your posting last night and meditated on it for a long time. I really think you are right. The house itself, in the dream, had been one I had loved in the past, in spite of it's flaws. The church we are attending is the same; twenty-five years ago we attended church with the same group of people, including the same pastor, but the building was old and flawed. We loved that place and grieved for a time after leaving it. Today that same group a people with the same pastor have built a completely new, beautiful building, and just as in the dream, I have a hard time sensing the "belonging" I once used to have for it/them.
As for the tent "outreach", our pastor is currently working with a small church about an hour or two away. He is trying to help establish a church like ours in their community, per their request. Several of our members have been helping in this endeavor and I have heard we may be considered as pastors for this satellite church.
And the baby I tended is most likely my ministry with the children. The infant I was caring for was clearly newborn, like the children's ministry in this church. At one point the baby messed it diaper and it was all over the place. But it didn't bother me, I just lovingly cleaned the baby up, knowing as I did so, that this is just what babies do. I did actually clean up after a child at church yesterday, and was saying to myself, "kids make messes, hope people realize that."
The only one I am stumped on is the "sister-in-law" and her baby. We are kind of latecomers, or maybe I should say "returners" to this church. Every other ministry in this church is already well established by people who have been doing it for years.
As for the storm, it was going on outside the building. I knew if my children were inside they would be safe. And even though my son had been outside, he was fine, but we could smell the sulfur (I could smell it in the dream) when the lightening would get to close.
Thanks again Mark! I now have much to pray and meditate on.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:53 am

exo152 wrote: The only one I am stumped on is the "sister-in-law" and her baby.
Just a thought on that: Maybe this relates to the satellite church...

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:04 am

Maybe so. We really haven't been involved in that at all. I do know most of the dream just felt like I was a guest, caring for my little infant, and concerned if my youngest son might be out in the storm. Everything else just felt like it was someone else's house and someone else's problems. But to be honest, it really mirrors how I feel attending this church. The people there are great, but I don't sense us "putting down roots". Anytime I have not felt that connection spiritually to a body of believers, the time at those churches were only short stops until we stepped into ministry elsewhere.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:56 am

This morning in my prayer time the Holy Spirit reminded me of this dream and another I had had recently and revealed the meaning to me. Mark, you were right. The house does mean the church we are currently attending, right down to feeling like a "guest". The Lord showed me we are only visiting this church for a season, but while there, I am in a crowded back room, tending babies (teaching children). The sister-in-law is actually the pastor's wife and the conversation we had about her baby's lack of progress, we actually had last week about the class I am teaching. My students include her grandchildren and she is concerned about how quickly they are or are not learning. As for the food tent and the storm, I do think the Lord was showing me that this current outreach, although the church is putting a lot into it, will be halted prematurely by outside forces, however the church itself will come through it fine. Thanks you again!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:58 pm

Amazing!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:14 am

Sponsored content