A tree, sinking then uprooted and turned upside down

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A tree, sinking then uprooted and turned upside down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi all,

:)

I dreamed last night about a big, beautiful tree, it was important to me, my favourite tree.

Something I did (can't remember - digging around the soil maybe) made the tree start to sink.

I worried about the tree sinking. I pulled it up (a huge tree, all by myself, it took no effort in the dream)

I replanted it upside down, with the root ball sticking up where the leaves should be and the leaves in the ground.

It started to sink again.

When the root ball had sunk down to be level with the ground, I asked for help urgently and a few people came and helped me pull the tree up out of the hole. The whole top section of the tree was burned away, like it had been dipped in lava or acid or something, there were only the very bottom branches left unharmed.

Feelings: not really strong, but there was concern about the sinking, an awareness that it was my fault and the desire to fix it... dismay when I see that the branches are burned.

I'm pretty sure this is bad.

Is the tree me?? Is the tree my family?? Or is the tree perhaps symbolic of something else??

Thanks guys <3

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A tree, sinking then uprooted and turned upside down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:13 am

Hi, Diane -

I don't know if the tree symbolizes yourself or someone else, but I do think that it symbolizes a person.

The sinking of the tree could be emotional. Do you recognize that in anyone around you?

I saw the re-planting of the tree as an illustration of human effort. That's often backwards from God's ways. Plus, trying to fix something like this on our own can often make it worse.

It wasn't until you called upon others to help that the tree was rescued. Maybe prayer with others, or maybe calling upon professionals in that area of need.

Certainly a dream to be praying about.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks Mark,

Yes, I recognise that - I think its about a person too.

I don't like to ask for help. It was not until the tree had almost completely gone that I did in the dream... definitely something to remember!

Thanks very much :)

Di

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:31 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top