Old Man By The Pool

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Old Man By The Pool

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:34 am

I remember being along the side of an in-ground pool. There were young people all around me. I'd say that they were all in their teens, probably not older than 20 for any of them. There was some activity that was going to take place in the pool - something that was supposed to be competitive, but also fun. I was all ready to go, but when I looked at everyone around me, I was very aware that I was 34, and I suddenly felt very out of place. I didn't feel excited about this, anymore, and I believe that I slipped away before the event began.

In real life, none of these feelings fit for anything that I can think of right now, and I don't have anything planned.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Man By The Pool

Post by Grey Butterfly on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:35 am

Hi Mark,

Maybe something in the future where you suddenly feel out of place and older than you realised... there doesn't seem to be any outcome to the event in the dream, apart from slipping away, perhaps there doesn't need to be, maybe it will be enough when it happens for you to know that God knew first and understood, and told you ahead of time ?? Maybe LOL.

Blessings, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:53 am

Hi, Diane -

I agree that this must be something in the future. I've had some time to think about what it may relate to, and I'll tell you that I just applied at a different place of employment. So, the waiting by the pool could be about doubt as I wait to hear from this place. The dream could be about keeping faith for this and not let how I see myself cause me to doubt.

Please pray for me in this regard, especially if this is where God wants me to go!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:48 am

When I read this dream it put me back to how I felt when I first came to my church. Everyone there is half my age and my pastor and his wife are 16 years younger than me. I almost ran for my life in the beginning because I could not see what God could actually do with me in that place. I have always been a person who was proud of my age. I'm not one of those women who hate to say my age because I feel like it's a slap in God's face for him to give me a gift of life and then to be ashamed of how long I've been on this earth. HOWEVER...going to this church in the beginning made me insecure regarding my age. Their lingo and everything was strange and I didn't know what they were saying...AT ALL! I just felt out of place and for once in my life, I was the "Old" one in the group.

NOW...as I have relaxed and settled into ministry, God gave me a role in the lives of these young adults that bypasses anything that I would ever imagine...a spiritual mother.

The reason why I'm sharing this with you is because I also had a "Pool dream" where I was around a lot of youth and young adults. I had the dream a couple years before finding this church. I didn't feel the way you did in the dream, but I most certainly did in my waking life.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:03 am

Ooooh, very interesting! I can see how this dream may relate to joining a church, again. Right now, God seems to be in the very early stages of that - meaning, he's really just opening me up to the idea of it. But, in due time, I'm sure it'll come to pass, and I agree that this dream may be something that he brings to remembrance when that time comes!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:18 pm

Father God, it is so hard to relax and be ourselves in this world, so often we are placed and people think they know who we are because of our age, or our job or some other external thing. It can be hard to reach out confidently because we fear other's surprise or their disapproval at our trying to befriend them when we "quite obviously" don't fit according to some unseen rule book that we all seem to have read.

God I don't know if this dream is about work for Mark, or rejoining church... but I do pray that you will be with him in whatever changes you have ordained for his life. I ask that you will help him with courage whenever any insecurity tries to trip him, help him to walk in the confidence of the knowledge of who he is in you. Help him to see clearly who he is in you.

Father I pray that you will smooth the way in this job application, I pray that if it is your plan for him it will just happen, and that Mark is enabled to rest in the knowledge that it is all in your hand.

I kinda feel like I have prayed parallel to Marks dream and his needs... it doesn't feel like I have been praying in the centre of the river for some reason... will you realign this Lord, and make it fit and answer in a way that is rich and full and tangible for Mark.

Blessings to you Mark :)

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:51 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top